Instructional Assistant Professor - Scenic Design
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-26-2017
Illinois State University, School of Theatre and Dance, seeks an Instructional Assistant Professor to teach courses in Scenic Design and other courses in the Design/Production area. Courses include Scene Painting, Scenic Design, Rendering Techniques, Intro to Scenographic Techniques, and other related courses. These courses may be taught at the undergraduate or graduate level.
This position is represented by the Non-Tenure Track Faculty Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. MFA in Scene Design
2. Three years of experience teaching at the university level
3. Experience as a Scenic Designer and/or Scenic Artist
4. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
5. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Three years of experience teaching scene painting or scenic design courses at the university level
2. Experience in mentoring undergraduate and graduate students
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.