Coordinator of Staffing and Education - Beckwith Residential Support Services (A1700325)
Coordinator of Staffing & Education
Beckwith Residential Support Services (BRSS)
Division of Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES)
College of Applied Health Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The BRSS Coordinator of Staffing & Education is responsible for the recruitment, hiring, education and ongoing supervision of personal assistant (PA) staff; ensuring health, safety, and programmatic support of residents; and development of a positive community environment within Nugent Hall where BRSS is housed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, support, and resources to BRSS staff and residents, resident groups, and University Housing staff and residents in developing and maintaining a larger residence hall and Beckwith community which:
a. Complements the academic programs of the University of Illinois.
b. Engages the residents' interests and expands their knowledge.
c. Increases residents' social awareness and sense of responsibility.
- Collaborate with ongoing program evaluation.
- Assist and encourage staff and residents in planning and developing educational programs to meet the diverse needs of the residents and BRSS community.
- Assist in the development and implementation of BRSS resident summer orientation, new student orientation, and transitional disability management plan throughout the academic year.
- Support students with ongoing skill development in their PA management.
- Recruit personal assistants by disseminating information about the BRSS and the personal assistant program to various groups and organizations that work with students with disabilities as well as advertising on the virtual job board and other areas as needed.
- Coordinate the hiring and criminal background checks of personal assistants, and provide on-going supervision with the administrative team's assistance.
- Coordinate, teach, and implement responsive new staff training program and on-going education of personal assistants using current technology and available resources.
- Conduct personal assistant evaluations each semester for BRSS floater staff.
- Coordinate BRSS residents' semester evaluations of their personal assistant staff.
- Establish and maintain floater and on-call floater schedule for each semester, ensuring adequate coverage for the health and safety of residents.
- Conduct/coordinate scheduled meetings with personal assistants and live-in staff.
- In conjunction with the Director, perform semester reviews of the Graduate Disability Advocates.
- Execute University Housing, DRES and BRSS policies and procedures along with dissemination of policy information to staff and residents.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of letters of expectation for residents and PA staff in violation of DRES/BRSS policies and procedures.
- Assist in the hiring and indirect supervision of Graduate Disability Advocates.
- Assist in the hiring and indirect supervision of BRSS interns.
- Participate in Beckwith Administrative Team meetings.
- Oversee and enter proximity card access of personal assistant staff using the BASIS Computer System.
- Lift and transfer residents with severe, physical disabilities in the event assistance of activities of daily living is required or in response to emergency protocol.
- Participate in professional organizations, conferences, research and scholarly writings.
- Serve on-call duties during assigned weeks and weekends when residents are living in Nugent Hall.
- Assist in the content management of the BRSS website that are based on job responsibilities.
- Maintain paper and electronic records of all employees.
- Manage employee payroll and timesheets, both paper and electronic, ensuring employees are fulfilling their contractual obligations. Deliver signed timesheets to DRES by specified time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BRSS Pre-Professional Graduate Assistants and other hourly employees report to this position.
Education and Experience Required
Bachelor's degree (masters preferred) in rehabilitation, social work, special education, training and development, or related field. Demonstrated experience and ability in training and developing staff. Minimum of two years' experience in the supervision of personnel. Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required. Related education and/or vocational experience in the area of rehabilitation and/or individuals with disabilities are also preferred. This position requires a high degree of accessibility, work time flexibility, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Appointment Information
This is a full-time, regular (not visiting) academic professional non-tenured position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application Procedures and Deadline Information
To ensure full consideration, create a candidate profile at http://jobs/illinois.edu and upload your letter of application, resume and names and contact information (including email addresses) for three professional references by June 16, 2017. The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. This position requires successful completion of a criminal background investigation.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Mindy Rick at email@example.com or 217/333-4600.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Applied Health Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator of Staffing and Education - Beckwith Residential Support Services (A1700325)
Open Date: 05/26/2017
Organization Name: Beckwith