Chief Business/Financial Strategy Officer #A01008
CHIEF BUSINESS/FINANCIAL STRATEGY OFFICER
MONTGOMERY COLLEGE (MC)
Founded in 1946, Montgomery College is a two-year public multi-campus institution that serves over 60,000 students a year in geographically-dispersed and diverse locations (Germantown, Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring, Maryland). The Chief Business/Financial Strategy Officer will oversee 50 people and have comprehensive knowledge of and experience with financial/ budget planning, design, implementation and auditing. S/he will have a demonstrated experience in managing and motivating employees as well as collaborating with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve organizational objectives. MC's budget is approximately $300M. For more information, please see www.montgomerycollege.edu .
- Provides leadership on all areas involving financial operations at the College, including accounting, financial reporting and audit, grants management, payroll, AR/AP, treasury and investments, student loans and billing, internal controls, budget and design of financial systems.
- Provides executive leadership to promote the financial well-being of the College by ensuring the development of long-range financial plans, oversight and control of budget management, oversight and control of appropriate College investments and safeguarding all financial assets of the College.
- Provides sound ethical and transparent fiscal planning, financial management and budgetary processes that ensure long-term financial viability of the institution and meet current operational needs, in order to create, sustain and grow a vibrant learning community.
- Ensure achievement of the goals and objectives of the College by overseeing the preparation of an annual appropriations request to the state and the county; overseeing the preparation of an internal budget using models to project future revenue; and following established policies for expenditures.
- Evaluates the organizational structure, functional activities and service delivery outcomes of the Office of Business Services and implements management changes as necessary to ensure achievement of continual process improvement.
- Provides clear direction, expectations and leadership by leading through example, mentoring staff and encouraging and providing employees with opportunities for professional development and personal growth.
- Ensures efficient and effective operation of the procurement function by overseeing procurement services, property management, central receiving and fixed asset management and property control systems.
- Ensures compliance with professional accounting standards, rules and regulations and laws by directing, supervising and facilitating the preparation and maintenance of required appropriate financial records, monthly and annual financial reports and all other financial reporting as may be required by federal, state and county agencies or established accounting standards.
- Advises the President, senior college administration officers and members of the Board of Trustees on issues relating to the financial status of the College. Serves as an expert financial resource member to numerous committees and groups both internal and external to the College.
- Facilitates an effective working relationship with appropriate College, county, state and College personnel.
- Facilitates the governance of the College by providing financial information to the College's senior advisory leadership team and the Board of Trustees and by implementing the Board's decisions through the establishment, revision and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Recommends new or updated systems, methods, programs, policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness as well as compliance within all areas of responsibilities.
- Provides strategic leadership and tactical fiscal management support in the development of alliances and relationships with outside agencies providing financial support to the College.
- Prevents institutional liability in financial operations by facilitating independent auditor access to requested records during the conduct of the College's annual audit.
- Serves as the expert resource on all matters related to financial reporting. Prepares report recommendations, findings and other correspondence as required.
- Minimum of ten years financial and budget management experience to include oversight of staff, strategic planning of long and short term budgets/organizational fiscal planning; compliance and audit reviews and resolution.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting/financial rules and regulations (county, state, federal).
- Experience in working with one or more financial accounting systems (Workday is highly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, collaborate and manage in a service delivery-oriented environment and perform in a dynamic environment with competing interests and requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to give presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
Education: Master's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field or
equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
Compensation: Competitive base salary along with excellent benefits, including 7.25% retirement contribution and combined leave of 5 weeks.
EEO: All candidates will be considered without regard to race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Instructions: Online applications must be received by June 30, 2017; position open until filled.
To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
The application process includes 10 steps.
Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
For consideration, you must:
1. Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
2. Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
3. E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Requirements: As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Completion of a background check, including Consumer Credit Report
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree
JDG Associates, Ltd.
1700 Research Boulevard
Rockville, MD 20850
JDG Associates, established in 1973, is a leading provider of executive recruiting services to federal/state/local government, non-profit organizations, trade associations, Fortune 1000 corporations, and a broad array of government contractors.
Job Executive, Administrator
Primary Location US-MD-Rockville
Organization Business Services
Job Posting May 25, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing