Senior Technical Support Analyst
Requisition # 2017-7172
Department Facilities Fin & Admin Srvcs
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 2/16/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Facilities department seeks a Senior Technical Support Analyst to join the Facilities IT Staff. The Senior Technical Support Analyst will be part of a 3 person team of support staff who are responsible for the setup, configuration, training and ongoing management of Facilities' Windows machines, cameras, and storage infrastructure. The successful candidate will participate in the planning, design, installation, testing and maintenance of the Windows-based platform that support Facilities and business functions of the university. The position also requires working closely with colleagues in OIT as well as collaboration with technical staff in university departments to provide timely and creative support of infrastructure development projects.
The position is part of Facilities Information Technology (FIT) group, which is a unit of Facilities Finance and Administrative Services (FFAS) and provides service to Princeton's 700+ person Facilities organization. It is a key position and the candidate must possess strong administrative and team engagement skills with the ability to work and make decisions autonomously. This position requires a high-level of technical acumen, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to balance priorities while ensuring a high quality of technical support and training delivery.
- Serve as trusted senior technical advisor and provide support to diagnose/troubleshoot and correct daily hardware and software issues for various members of the University's Facilities department. This includes iPads, smartphones, laptops and desktop and peripheral devices such as printers, cameras, scanners, smart devices, sensors and copiers.
- Work closely with the vendors and central network, firewall, and security teams to ensure implementation and support of devices and peripherals that reside on the network.
- Proactively design, explore, research, and benchmark solutions and emerging technologies.
- The candidate must be willing to support Facilities departmental work including responding to various IT outages, deadline driven dates, and peak periods. Departmental assets may contain confidential and legally protected data; therefore, the candidate is required to work closely with the Office of Information Technology on security protocol and review.
- Install and support Microsoft Windows based applications including IIS, MS SQL, .NET and SharePoint.
- Install, maintain and support multifaceted software used across Windows platforms.
- Analyze requirements and determine system configurations and features needed to support client applications and workloads.
- Provide technical expertise in the resolution of operating system and infrastructure problems.
- Participate in testing new versions of software such as Windows operating systems, IIS, clustering, virtualization (servers and desktops) and other infrastructure products.
- Provide technical leadership to team members and other colleagues in matters of subject expertise.
- Lead technical deployments across the department.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of an Inventory of approximately 1200 technical assets
- Clearly communicate the progress and status of IT initiatives to stakeholders.
- Create, maintain and/or enhance process and systems documentation.
- Ensure all university and departmental IT protocols are strictly adhered to.
All Facilities employees are considered essential and are expected to be available to work as directed by the department during emergencies and certain campus events.
- Bachelor's degree (Information Technology degree preferred) and 3-5 years of hands on computer hardware support and software installation/administration experience is required. This includes peripherals such as printers, scanners, camera, smart devices, and copiers.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technical deployments across the enterprise or department is required. General knowledge of networks and how they work is essential (i.e. firewalls, subnets)
- Knowledge with TCP/IP and the ability to do network traffic analysis, the development of firewall rules and SSL certificates.
- Experience in system patch management
- The ability to learn new systems beyond area of expertise.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills and the proven ability to communicate with a diverse user base that have varied technical proficiencies
- Strong technical acumen and prioritization skills are essential.
- Competitive candidates have strong and demonstrated experience in supporting Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, & 10 operating systems; Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion)-10.11 ( El Capitan); Microsoft Office Suite 2010-2016; Apple IOS 5.1.1 - 10.0.2; Android OS KitKat, Lollipop and Marshmallow; Experience with supporting Dell, HP, Konica Minolta and Xerox printers; Experience with and configuring Audio Visual equipment.
- All Facilities employees are considered essential. Successful candidates must be available to work after core hours to support emergency requests and have experience providing remote customer support.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Experience providing hands on technical support for desktops, mobile devices and peripherals within a Facilities or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- ITIL Foundation Certification in IT management is preferred
- CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ is preferred
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.