Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant - The study of IL-37 in Tumor Immunology
The Fujita lab in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Colorado, School of Medicine is seeking a Professional Research Assistant to aid in studying the role of IL-37 in tumor immunology. IL-37 is a homolog of the IL-1 cytokine family. We have found that IL-37 is an inhibitor of innate immunity and an inhibitor of adaptive immunity (Luo et at., PNAS 2014; Li et al., PNAS 2015; Chen et al., Cytokine 2015; Dinarello et al., EJI 2016).
Our current efforts are directed at understanding the mechanisms of action of IL-37 in dendritic cells, T cells and B cells. The Fujita lab, also, studies tumor inflammation, cancer stem cells, and tumor heterogeneity in melanoma.
We seek a highly motivated individual with a bachelor's degree in biology, molecular cellular biology, biochemistry, or related discipline. A strong understanding of immunology is a plus. The duties of this position include but are not limited to: tissue culture of mammalian cells; basic molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, RNA extraction and cDNA preparation, transfection, and western blotting, flow cytometry, and animal work.
Dr. Fujita's laboratory is supported by NIH (NCI) R01 and VA Merit Award.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with Bachelor's degree in one of these fields of study:, Biology, Molecular biology, biochemistry or other related discipline
- Minimum of 3 year(s) lab experience with a strong background in cell biology and immunology.
- Experience in working with small animal models.
- Prior successful working experience using a wide range of molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Ability to handle and process detail-oriented documentation and meet designated research deadlines.
- Excellent in writing, reading and communicating in English.
- Must be team-oriented, flexible, and able to communicate with others.
- Computer software, equipment operation, or research technical skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Questions should be directed to Joanne Domenico at email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9696
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: May 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Joanne Domenico
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00726820