CVN Outreach Manager
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Depression Center
Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) Military Family Clinic
CVN Outreach Manager (Communication Program Manager)
Position #734027 - Requisition 09728
The Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) Military Family Clinic has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) CVN Outreach Manager (Communication Program Manager) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; radio/television broadcasting; FCC compliance; and communication projects management.
Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of a program, function or work unit, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes. These positions typically do not supervise others.
This Outreach Manager will be responsible for managing all day-to-day operations related to the clinic's outreach strategy, which includes developing a referral pipeline, focused on recruiting post 9/11 veterans and their families in the community. This role will focus on the recruitment of patients for the Military Family Clinic through outreach to community partners including veteran-service organizations, multi-service organizations, the Veterans Administration, and other local partners. The Outreach Manager will also participate in peer-to-peer communication, presentations, and other outreach mediums as needed. Recruitment will focus on reaching Veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their family members, though Veterans from any service area can be treated at the clinic. The Outreach Manager will oversee Outreach Coordinator(s) to assist in achieving enrollment goals.
- Develop strategy for outreach to meet enrollment targets for the Military Family Clinic and to raise the visibility of the clinic among the local military and veterans' community.
- Conduct outreach meetings with potential referral sources to establish new partnerships and foster a positive image for the Military Family Clinic. Facilitate weekly recruitment and outreach meeting.
- Continually track progress towards our enrollment goals and report outreach activities and progress to the Clinic Director. Collaborate with clinical personnel to continuously improve the outreach process.
- Prepare outreach and community involvement reports for the Cohen Veterans Network Central Office.
- Adheres to internal controls established and performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage the local advertising and outreach budgets, and oversee the local advertising strategy.
- Manage Outreach Coordinators who will execute the outreach strategy.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for developing and executing outreach and marketing activities in an academic, healthcare, military, or directly related area.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience developing and executing outreach and marketing activities.
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience.
- Experience recruiting within the military and/or veteran community.
- Military background strongly preferred.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business management skills.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain contacts in the community; and clearly articulate mission and goals of the Military Family Clinic.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to parents, school personnel, licensing, staff and the general public. Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies.
- Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of decisions.
- Ability to plan ahead several months to a year.
- Ability to keep various on-going projects organized and files maintained accurately.
- Strong concentration and memory required; requires good time management practices and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to train, evaluate and guide employees, to delegate and ensure follow through, and to provide feedback in a respectful and constructive manner.
- Knowledge of outreach and marketing strategies.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Brittany Pittman at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21384 - SOM-PSYCH-Depression GenOps
Posting Date: May 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Brittany Pittman
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00734027