Instructional Design Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Instructional Design Specialist
Position #606911 - Requisition #09735
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Instructional Design Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
The College of Nursing has an opening for an Instructional Design Specialist/Academic Services Professional. This full-time, University Staff (unclassified) position, is responsible for the design, development, and evaluation of courses and instructional materials in a variety of learning contexts. As part of the Office of Academic Programs, Instructional Design Team, this position will collaborate with faculty and staff to advance the eLearning and instructional mission in the College of Nursing. This individual will facilitate the design and development of academic and non-credit courses in collaboration with College of Nursing faculty. They will be responsible for developing and delivering effective workshops and other training opportunities on instructional design, learning technologies, and teaching strategies for online and blended learning. The position will be expected to identify and evaluate emerging technologies and trends in the delivery of instruction and make recommendations for implementation as appropriate as well as support assigned projects and other responsibilities as assigned by the Instructional Design Manager.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in education, instructional design, learning technologies, business, public administration, educational technology, liberal arts, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in education, instructional design, learning technologies, or a related field.
- Experience teaching and training using current instructional technologies.
- Experience in the design, development, and evaluation of instructional materials, courses, and curricula in a higher education context.
- Experience implementing adult learning theory in a variety of delivery modalities.
- Experience in training and supporting learning technologies in a higher education setting.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and timelines.
- Working knowledge of the SME-Designer relationship as well as the instructional design process.
- Working knowledge of basic hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Proficient in the use of web-based learning technologies such as a learning management systems (Canvas, Blackboard, etc.), web conferencing software, and tools for online collaboration.
- Lifelong learner committed to staying current in new technologies, pedagogies, and models for learning and design.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by June 4th, 2017. Those who do not apply by 06/04/2017 may or may not be considered.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: May 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tracy Gray, DIrector of Human Resources for CON
Posting Contact Email: CON.HR@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00606911