Accounts Payable Specialist
Salary: $36,600 - $63,300
Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 05/26/2017
Position Information: The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the analysis, audit and approval of travel reimbursements, travel advances, entertainment, relocation/moving and other non-purchase order transactional request for the campus community. Assists employees and departments with identification and interpretation of related University policies, procedures, on-line applications, and foreign currency conversion tools. Responsible for the resolution of outstanding travel advances, reconciliation of related balance sheet accounts. Develops and presents training programs on related payment requests. This recruitment will fill two vacant positions. **Applicants will be required to complete a skills assessment as part of the selection process.**
Minimum Requirements: Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
Basic knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Basic knowledge of financial or accounting concepts, processes and procedures.
Basic knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems.
Interpersonal skills, service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to prepare and present training classes and other presentations.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview