$46,608 - $61,140
The incumbent for this position coordinates all aspects of Course Reserve Services in the Orbach Science and Rivera Libraries; coordinates the processing and removal of hardcopy and electronic reserves, including overseeing ordering, recalling and managing material for reserve use and organizing daily workflow; hires, trains and supervises 1 FTE staff and up to 3 student assistants; trains Circulation/Reserves staff on reserve tasks including processing and de-processing; serves as a liaison to faculty regarding reserves; trouble shoots and assists students and faculty members in accessing electronic reserves; interprets and administers copyright and fair use guidelines and policies, as well as circulation/reserve policies as they apply to library patrons; provides circulation services to a wide variety of patrons on a regular basis in accordance with the desk schedule; may be used as backup in emergency staffing situations in Circulation/Reserve Services. Must be able to work Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm, Friday 9:15am-6:15pm. Hours may vary from quarter to quarter. Must be able to work flexible hours for staffing in backup situations - days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Demonstrated ability to manage and organize varying workloads, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Experience working with the public in a service oriented environment.
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work successfully in an intensely collaborative environment with a broad range of people from culturally diverse backgrounds including colleagues, administrators, students, faculty, donors, and alumni.
Demonstrated experience using the Reserves module of an Integrated Library System.
Experience processing print and electronic reserve materials.
Knowledge of and experience with bibliographic records, including bibliographic search strategies.
Experience using a document scanner and Adobe Acrobat software in scanning and manipulating scanned images.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Experience working with MS Office, email programs, and the internet. Ability to learn specialized software.
Ability to perform accurate, detailed work.
Keyboarding skills sufficient to enter data into an on-line system quickly and accurately.
Math skills sufficient to accurately gather, compare, and compile information.
Ability to display initiative and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, and push loaded book trucks weighing up to approximately 250 lbs.
Ability to successfully pass a background check.
Must be able to work flexible hours for staffing in backup situations, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours may vary from quarter to quarter.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
Experience in hiring, supervising and staff development of career staff and casual-restricted (student) staff.
Demonstrated experience evaluating, monitoring and balancing allocated budgets.
Academic library experience.
Experience working at a Circulation Desk.
Experience in processing audio and audio/visual material for streaming.
Experience closing a library facility.
Demonstrated use of an online Accounts Receivable System.
Experience handling safety and emergency situations.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview