Accounting Assistant I - Payroll (P/T), CPRN31598CASHD
Ensure accurate processing and recording for the College's payroll; provide timely and accurate daily data entry for payroll processing. Position involves a great amount of confidentiality, and must be able to work autonomously and responsibly.
Position Title: Accounting Assistant I - Payroll (P/T), CPRN31598CASHD
Duties of Position:
- Assist Payroll Supervisor with the coordination of any payroll related issues.
- Work with Human Resources regarding any employee payroll issues.
- Maintain and update vacation, sick, personal and floating holiday time for all benefited exempt employees.
- Process leaves reporting forms for full time faculty.
- Responsible for verifications for SURS termination reports.
- Update records and information in SURS system, as necessary.
- Phoning of various departments about problems.
- Assist Staff Services with stuffing envelopes with paychecks or other "stuffers".
- Helps out in other areas in payroll department.
- Answers phones.
- Assists auditors during annual audit.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and personal interactions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: 2 years' experience in accounting or payroll; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree or equivalent. Knowledge of accounting and/or payroll.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Electronic calculator, type 30 WPM, telephone, personal computer, copier, fax.
Ability to deal with people in stressful situations, and meeting the deadlines.
Department: Financial Affairs & Controller - FIN
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt