Associate Architect, Level I - Facilities Planning & Management
The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the University of Denver by providing an aesthetically pleasing, clean, orderly, safe and healthy environment in which to learn, teach, live and work.
This position is for an architect who will often take a supporting role in developing projects as assigned by and for the University Architect. The person will be charged with providing critical development of design, working under the University Architects supervision as well as daily interaction with all levels of Architect of Record teams. The person will be expected to fully understand the Project Owners program direction and execute and architectural solution that meets the stated needs. Knowledge of board University goals and integration of the projects associated constituencies is necessary for successful project outcomes. The position will be expected to fully understand construction estimating, construction contracts, and full project budgets. This position will support the continued management of space planning & benchmarking database as an outgrowth of a current campus master plan effort. This position is equivalent to an Associate Level Architect for a typical architectural firm.
- Daily project support of multiple projects in various stages of design and construction.
- Program development for upcoming projects in conjunction with the Academic unit(s) involved.
- Design development of University projects in preparation for active fundraising.
- Development of University design & construction standards.
- Space Planning Database Management.
- As needed drafting, model making, and sketching support for the University Architect.
- General office work as needed to cover for other positions within the Office of the University Architects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Language Skills
- The ability to communicate both verbally and in written form with clients including Deans, Directors, and Faculty is critical to the successful development of the University's construction projects.
- Mathematical Skills
- Knowledge of geometry and algebra is required.
- Reasoning Ability
- Multidimensional reasoning coupled with detailed analytical understanding of interrelated variables is required.
- Other Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivation and demonstrated dedication to the project and processes.
- Skills in Database Knowledge.
- Professional Degree in Architecture.
- Professional License to practice.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in the Architectural Profession.
- Demonstrated the following experience in programming, schematic design, construction documents, construction administration and space planning.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and B.I.M. CAD software.
- Ability to produce estimates as well as to track project budgets.
- Master of Architecture.
- License for the state of Colorado.
- Project Architect for $5M Projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with varied clients.
- LEED AP Certification.
- Developed skill in Revit Software.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, June 9, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.