Assistant Director of Business Intelligence and Marketing
As a business intelligence specialist and creative and strategic communications manager, the Assistant Director of Business Intelligence and Marketing ensures that the OGS strategic and operational planning, monitoring and reviewing processes are underpinned by robust, meaningful and timely business intelligence to support data-driven decision making. The role encompasses business intelligence management, data analysis and reporting and communications and marketing. The AD reports to the Associate Provost and serves as a member of the management team.
- Business Intelligence Management
- Understand OGS business intelligence needs and ensure that a clear strategy for extracting, analyzing and delivering relevant data is in place.
- Serve as primary liaison to the Institutional Research and Analysis Office for analysis and interpretation of graduate student data.
- Contribute data to IR for external reporting purposes.
- Extract and report enrollment and student data to support informed decision making.
- Research new technologies and manage the definition, configuration, and implementation of database services. Work collaboratively with UTS in the areas of security, development and third-party vendor relations.
- Manage the development, analysis and interpretation of relevant surveys and benchmarking to inform strategic initiatives in OGS and for our academic partners.
- Scan an analyze competitor information and national trends to produce meaningful reports relating to graduate education, graduate student support, and graduate enrollment management.
- Prepare selected reports of student data.
- Map and analyze critical business processes to identify opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Develop and implement training sessions and presentations for our academic partners to help build skills in the use and application of data analysis.
- Marketing and Communications Management
- Develop, execute and evaluate digital marketing strategies and content to ensure alignment with OGS and institutional goals for graduate student recruitment and retention. Report on the success of marketing campaigns against key performance indicators to ensure that efforts have generated awareness, interest, and enrollment.
- Manage online content, ensuring the currency and accuracy of OGS website.
- Serve as primary liaison to the Marketing and Communications division and other units with core website content to determine website needs and priorities and continuously improve the end user experience and site content. Ensure that graduate students remain a primary audience segment in all centralized University of Denver marketing initiatives.
- Ensure that all communications, marketing materials, social media and publications originated in the Office of Graduate Studies conform to the University of Denver brand.
- Facilitate the electronic publication of the Graduate policy manual, GTA handbook, forms and other OGS documents.
- Responsible for the production of Graduate Enrollment, Graduate Student Services, and Veteran Services marketing materials to promote graduate study at DU. Coordinate the promotion of all Graduate Studies events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand industry and data trends and translate into reports; ability to gather, transform, and present data in an organized and meaningful way.
- Skilled in applications for data querying and data report writing.
- Proficiency in designing reports using data analysis software and reporting tools, such as MS Excel, Access, Cognos, Tableau, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, SiteImprove, and SPS and SPSS Modeler.
- Expert ability working with spreadsheets to analyze and manipulate data.
- Ability to speak and write effectively and give professional presentations.
- Ability to adapt and perform in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to coordinate multiple events and activities while maintaining focus on details and outcomes.
- Knowledge in current Internet standards, including Web browsers and browser specifications.
- Ability to teach technology, reporting, etc. to staff with various levels of computer proficiency.
- Potential to motivate and lead to reach objectives both independently and with the group.
- Master's level coursework.
- Three or more years of relevant experience.
- Publication and digital marketing experience.
- Experience with website maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in enhancing data quality and data analysis techniques.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, June 9, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter