Job Number: 75091
STANFORD UNIVERSITY LAND, BUILDINGS AND REAL ESTATE (LBRE) Office of the Vice President Executive Administrator LBRE is responsible for the stewardship of Stanford's lands and facilities, which encompass 8,180 acres and over 600 academic buildings. Additionally, LBRE is responsible for commercial real estate on endowed lands, agricultural lands, campus utilities and land use entitlement efforts. LBRE also manages the University's $2.8 billion construction program, the capital plan and space management. LBRE has an operating budget of $150 million and over 400 employees.
LBRE has nine major departments including: Parking and Transportation; Buildings, Grounds and Maintenance; Sustainability and Energy Management; Capital Planning and Space Management; Department of Project Management; Land Use and Environmental Planning; the University Architect/Campus Planning and Design; Real Estate; and Finance and Administration.
JOB PURPOSE The Executive Administrator will support both the Senior Associate Vice President (SAVP) and Associate Vice President - Academic Projects and Operations for LBRE.
- Coordinate and act as key contact day-to-day activities for the SAVP and AVP office, including management of complex calendars, domestic and international travel arrangements and associated logistics. Independently commit SAVP's and AVP's time to those requesting access to him/her based on an in-depth understanding of SAVP's and AVP's priorities and needs and his/her role within the university framework.
- Independently prioritize, plan, coordinate and/or oversee logistics for meetings and conferences with individuals and entities internal and external to the university, including executive and senior level staff, donors, and government officials. Plan and schedule complex calendars with limited consultation. Schedule internal/external meetings and conference calls. Resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with university policies. Make complex travel arrangements and lunch/dinner reservations. Assist with logistics for arranging project, department and off-site meetings.
- Compose and draft documents for meetings, presentations, conferences, seminars, and reports. Perform substantial editing, research, and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various department documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, PowerPoint presentations and/or websites.
- Represent the SAVP and AVP within LBRE and act as their liaison to various internal and external constituencies, including screening correspondence and telephone calls; keep the executive informed of all matters requiring his/her attention.
- Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations and documentation; independently research and analyze associated issues and/or compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision making purposes.
- Oversee and/or manage multiple projects; anticipate and track critical dates, events and organizational issues for the SAVP and AVP; follow up with appropriate parties to ensure deadlines are met. Participate in outreach activities that may include communications, events, training, conferences, and/or fundraising.
- Organize and maintain the workings of the executive's office. Take responsibility for filing systems and ensuring all pertinent information and supporting materials are retained. Direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions, including processing travel and petty cash reimbursements via the university's expense reimbursement system. Produces, monitors, and reconciles budget statements. Research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. Verify PCard Transactions in Oracle and ensure proper documentation is submitted.
- Serve as backup for the Executive Assistant to the VP of LBRE and AVP of Finance and Administration as needed.
- May direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments. May also supervise staff.
- Demonstrated experience supporting executive-level individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with external constituencies on behalf of executives, to support the cultivation of external relationships, and to provide a bridge for smooth communication between executives and outside constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, handle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Contextual understanding of SAVP and AVP role within the university framework.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate positive working relationships and gain the trust and respect of all levels of internal and external constituencies.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications, including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Stanford University systems
- Five years of relevant experience
- Bachelor degree
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
- Attire: Professional, business casual attire at all times.
- This position is not eligible for telecommuting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.