Student Services Coordinator
Student Services Coordinator
Requisition Number: STFR003742
Division/College: Student Affairs
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Coordinator of Student Services is an intricate member of a team whose goal is to facilitate access and retention of Latino students at Northeastern University. Success for Latino students in Higher Education is predicated on understanding of many factors. Latinos are more likely to be first generation college students, have greater financial need and traditionally live at home more often than average students. The role of the Coordinator of Student Services is to take these challenges and assist the student in navigating through the University system. The Coordinator of Student Services will provide individual assistance, monitor student progress, responsible for all assessment, logistical and office support to student programs and services. The Coordinator of Student Services will also be responsible social networking and online communications. He/she will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of all virtual communities. The Coordinator of Student Services will also be the liaison between the Latino/a Student Cultural Center and student leaders and affinity groups. They will be responsible for coordinating the Los Huskies Leadership and Mentorship Programs, as well as the Los Huskies Coalition and LSCC Ambassadors Program. The Coordinator of Student Services will lead all LSCC student leadership initiatives. She/he will work with key university constituents to ensure programs are relevant and keeping up with student leadership trends in student affairs.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years’ experience in social work, leadership, counseling, student affairs, higher education or related field.
• Expertise in marketing strategy, social media strategy and on-line communication.
• Proficient in writing learning outcomes and creating assessment tools
• Skilled in working with and organizing students and student groups
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong computer and analytical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Knowledgeable of all social media platforms
• Knowledge of Latino cultural issues and needs. Proven success with social media and on-line communication strategies.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish (preferred)
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.