Computer Information Technology Faculty
West Shore Community College seeks dynamic, innovative candidates to fill a full-time Computer Information Technology Faculty position (with potential for continuing appointment and full professor rank) to begin August 2017.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Teaching load (15 credit hours a semester/30 annually) primarily consisting of courses such as Programming Logic, Computer Software Applications, C++ Programming, Cloud Platform & Infrastructure, Systems Analysis and Design, Introduction to Operating Systems, Data Base Management, Web Page Development & Management, and Cyber Security.
- Participate in planning, curricular review, and assessment; participate in and develop programs to measure student performance.
- Participate in professional growth activities and continuous awareness of new trends and developments in the area(s) of instructional responsibility and occupational awareness of applicable credentialing and certification(s).
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and community in accordance with the core values of West Shore Community College. Act as a liaison between the College’s computer science programs of study and local school administration, course delivery partners, professional organizations, secondary CTE programs, and local guidance counselors.
- Involvement in and active participation in local college community advisory teams in accordance with Carl D. Perkins Act guidelines and obligations.
- Engagement with industry and students in the development of internships.
- Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the West Shore Community College Instructional Agreement.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Information Technology from an accredited college with active plan in place to complete a Master’s Degree within a negotiated time frame.
- Ability to teach using a variety of educational technologies such as online and/or blended/hybrid courses.
- Demonstrated commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy.
- Two years non-teaching tested work experience in the field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and build positive relationships with community members, students, faculty, and administration.
- Proven ability to work with and teach students from diverse backgrounds.
- Masters or higher in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Technology from an accredited college; OR Masters in closely related field with 18 credits in Computer Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent tested experience.
- Community College teaching experience in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Information Technology.
- Demonstrated success in teaching/developing online or blended/hybrid courses.
- Five years non-teaching tested work experience in the field.
- Experience partnering and collaborating with Business & Industry professionals and application to the workforce readiness of students.
- Experience supervising student organizations.
Salary range: $40,356 - $84,612, commensurate with qualifications/experience. Salary is accompanied by a complete benefit package.
West Shore Community College is a small, rural institution located in a beautiful “four-season” recreational area near the shore of Lake Michigan and serves a multi-county district. The College is uniquely positioned with beautiful facilities; up-to-date technology; and no debt. West Shore Community College offers a comprehensive general education curriculum designed to meet the needs of students seeking certification, employment, and/or transfer to senior institutions. WSCC offers a student centered and team-based atmosphere with a staff dedicated to excellence in serving students’ learning needs. Collegial and interdisciplinary relationships are expected of all WSCC employees. Visit our website at http://www.westshore.edu for more information.
Application requirements: For best consideration submit the following materials by June 14, 2017, to our online portal at https://my.westshore.edu/ICS/Employment/. Initial screening will begin after June 14 and continue until the position is filled:
- West Shore Community College application
- Letter of application specifically addressing the areas of responsibility and qualifications (above)
- Unofficial transcripts (official will be necessary if interview is offered)
West Shore Community College is a drug-free employer and the final offer will be contingent on drug testing.
West Shore Community College is an equal opportunity employer.