Executive Assistant to Dean & Human Resources Coordinator
The successful candidate will provide executive-level administrative support to the Dean of Denver Law and serve as the law schools Human Resources Coordinator. In those capacities, he or she will work closely with the Colleges senior administrative team, provide additional support to the Colleges Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, work effectively with faculty, staff, students, alumni, members of the university community, and the general public, and execute various human resources functions in collaboration with the University's Human Resources Department. This position reports directly to the Dean of Denver Law, with an additional dotted line to the Colleges Assistant Dean of Finance and Operations.
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Dean, including assistance with correspondence, scheduling, travel, strategic initiatives, University collaborations, and public engagement.
- Work closely with the senior administrative team of Denver Law across a range of functional areas, including admissions, alumni relations, communications, events, and career development.
- Provide additional support to the Colleges Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and analysis for both internal and external audiences, including relevant accrediting bodies.
- Facilitate the performance review process for faculty, including the compilation of underlying data, as well as the aspects of the promotion and tenure process.
- Attend monthly faculty meetings and serve as faculty secretary.
- Coordinate a variety of human resources functions, including search procedures, on-boarding, work-study arrangements, and benefits-related matters.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work in a high-performance setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong typing and computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Judgment, integrity, dependability, adaptability, and a strong compliance orientation.
- A dedication to customer service.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three years of office management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous executive assistant or high-level support experience.
- Past experience in higher education administration or another relevant professional setting.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, June 15, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Jessica Neumann at .
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.