Director of the Teaching & Technology Center (1TL17)
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1TL17
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean Teaching & Learning Excellence
STATE CLASS: Asst Acad Program Director
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: June 2017
OPENING DATE: May 26, 2017
As the Director of the Teaching and Technology Center, the position will involve working collaboratively with the College administration, faculty, and staff to lead and manage the College’s Instructional Support Services including the curriculum development process, DACUM occupational analysis, instructional design, support for quality state-of-the-art teaching, and instructional technology for classroom and online courses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the College’s Continuous Improvement Cycle (curriculum development, instructional development, program, course and core general education learning outcomes; annual assessment reports and review processes) to ensure academic programs meet quality standards as required by the College; business and industry; and regional and program accreditation agencies.
- Manage online learning and instructional technology support services to ensure competent administration of technology systems and tools for teaching and learning and continuous improvement; timely and relevant training and technical/pedagogical support for the integration of instructional technology in teaching and learning experiences; high quality online, hybrid, and Web-enhanced course and program offerings and federal/state standards, training and reporting.
- Direct, manage, and document faculty professional development activities. Collaborate with Education & Training Division and Academic Department leadership to ensure professional development activities are aligned with Division, Department, and faculty goals.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and provide professional development to instructional support staff.
- Develop and implement operational and strategic plans for the College’s Instructional Support Services for campus and online learning initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Chief Information Officer and key faculty representatives to analyze the College’s current instructional technologies, research new technology developments, and promote the inclusion of instructional technology and online learning initiatives within the College’s annual strategic plan.
- Engage in annual assessment of Teaching and Technology programs and services to promote continuous improvement of services and meet compliance standards of accrediting agencies.
- Participate in College functions, serves on College committees, and performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in a related discipline (instructional systems design, education, or a related field) plus five (5) years of progressively responsible related work experience required. Five (5) or more years in a related higher education leadership role, combined with five (5) or more years of experience in a curriculum development or college teaching position preferred. Preferred experience in curriculum systems design, online course development using Blackboard LMS, & instructional technologies.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on June 5, 2017 and position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.
More jobs like this
- C-Level & Executive Directors Instructional Technology & Design jobs in Education
- C-Level & Executive Directors Instructional Technology & Design jobs in Curriculum & Instruction
- C-Level & Executive Directors Instructional Technology & Design jobs in Educational Administration & Leadership
- C-Level & Executive Directors Instructional Technology & Design jobs in Instructional Technology & Design