- OPEN TO CURRENT CUNY EMPLOYEES ONLY----------------------------------------
The Graduate Center (GC) is the principal doctorate-granting institution of the City University of New York (CUNY). Offering more than thirty doctoral degrees from Anthropology to Urban Education, and fostering globally significant research in a wide variety of centers and institutes, the GC provides academic training in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences. The Graduate Center is also integral to the intellectual and cultural vitality of New York City. Through its extensive public programs, The Graduate Center hosts a wide range of events - lectures, conferences, book discussions, art exhibits, concerts, and dance and theater that enrich and inform.
The Finance Manager will report to the Director of Finance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs revenue analytics and responds to trial balance reviews;
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliation of tuition and fee bank accounts;
- Collaborate with the Office of the University Controller (OUC) on accounting matters;
- Oversee fiscal mid-year and year-end accounting close;
- Oversee the accounting of all tuition and fee transactions. This includes reviewing and analyzing the tuition revenue and payment activity in the Banner system;
- Summarizes the tuition and fee activity recorded in Banner on a monthly basis;
- Assists in the transitioning all tuition and fee transactions, records and processes from the current Banner system to the CUNYfirst-Campus Solutions system;
- Tracks and maintains financial data to perform revenue projections;
- Tracks, analyzes and prepares reports for the University Budget Office on the financial data related to tuition waivers;
- Tracks, analyzes and prepares reports on the financial data related to fellowships;
- Reviews past due accounts for bad debt write-offs and monitors transfer to collection agencies;
- Monitors Nelnet payment plan payments and online e-Check payments; reconciles the transactions with the Banner system;
- Records payments from third party vendors;
- Responsible for calculating, analyzing, transferring and recording Technology Fees, Student Activity Fees, Consolidated Fees, HSDP Tuition differential;
- Processes and records stop payments as needed;
- Prepares and issues 1098T forms;
- Collaborates with staff on internal and external audits;
- Prepares entries for processing in CUNYfirst Campus Solutions;and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
A preferred candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or similar area.
- Higher education experience.
- Proficiency in CUNYfirst and Banner.
- Ability to make decisions and establish work priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel (including pivot tables).
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the financial activities of a College or major program.
- Advises management regarding funding appropriateness and proposes fiscal solutions to resolve academic and/or administrative issues
- Develops and recommends policies and controls to assure the responsible use of resources
- Supports strategic planning processes; assesses outcomes and makes recommendations regarding resource allocations
- Prepares and manages production of statistical/analytical reports pertinent to financial and operational activities
- Assists in developing budgeting policies and procedures, and interprets University-wide policy
- Liaisons with auditors and other internal and external agencies as necessary
- May negotiate contracts
- May hire, supervise and train finance and/or clerical staff and manage related administrative functions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $63,811 - $84,678. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization) by the closing date. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin on June 6, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Graduate Center
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job ID: 16796