Resource Coordinator - Writing Center
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Resource Coordinator supports the Writing Center Director and Assistant Director by coordinating the various functions of the Writing Center. This includes responding to students, coordinating staff, maintaining records, and providing administrative assistance. This also includes communicating with undergraduate, graduate, and non-traditional departments, on campus and regionally; scheduling appointments and events; maintaining the Writing Center's social media presence; and maintaining outreach materials to support the Writing Center services.
The Resource Coordinator may also be asked to perform administrative duties for Writing Programs of which the Writing Center is a part.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or comparable experience
- Preferably one year of administrative duties providing management support or experience with responsibilities of a similar level.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience working with university students preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Maintain all writing consultation efforts and support Director's additional initiatives in support of students' writing needs.
- Communicate with Master's, doctoral, and non-traditional program faculty and staff to schedule workshops and classroom visits.
- Maintain Writing Center website.
- Serve as office manager for Writing Center and Writing Programs, answering phones, responding to questions, maintaining files, planning workshops, regulating staff hours and schedules, ordering office supplies and assisting with scheduling, budgeting and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain handout kiosks at Regional Centers
- Serve as the Writing Center or Writing Program representative at campus events.
- Process new staff hiring paperwork and assist Director in scheduling training sessions for consultants.
- Track requests for workshops and/or other services offering assistance with writing skills.
- Assist Director in maintaining online schedulers (WCOnline and work schedule software).
- Serve as a member of the Writing Programs leadership team.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.