Project Coordinator - Facilities Management
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position has three major responsibilities. First, be able to space plan and develop plans for construction. Second is to be able to produce plans on Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Adobe pdf files. Lastly, be responsible for keeping campus drawings up to date, both hard copies and electronic files.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education and related experience.
- Degree in architecture, engineering or construction management.
- Minimum 5 year experience.
- CAD proficient with 2-3 years experience.
- Knowledge of building codes.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Space planning, preparing construction plans and specifications.
- Provide CAD services
- Establish, update, and maintain electronic campus plans.
- Be able to run small projects on campus.
- Update and manage prints and construction specification documents.
- Provide project management support with project planning, inspection, and follow up.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationship with other APU departments, with consultants and contractors, and with officials from the City of Azusa.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.