Senior Electrical Engineer - Eden Prairie, MN
Devicix (www.devicix.com) is the engineering and product development services unit for Nortech Systems, Inc. Devicix brings value to medical device OEMs by offering innovative design solutions and comprehensive product development services for Class I, II and III devices for a range of clinical applications. We enable our partners - through our capabilities and expertise - to focus on bringing their new, exciting applications to market quickly and effectively. Devicix is currently hiring for the following position:
Senior Electrical Engineer - Eden Prairie, MN
Are you a visionary? An innovator? Do you seek the revelatory experience, the creative epiphany? Do you believe people can be exceptionally talented, inspiring thinkers? Are you ready to work with the brightest minds in the industry? Good. We've been looking for someone like you!
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join our development team to be responsible for creative, new product development that includes electronic architecture design, detailed circuit design and analysis, prototyping circuits, implementing designs, and discovering innovative solutions to complex problems and systems. We will rely on you to perform the following:
- Perform detailed electronic design for products used in a wide variety of applications.
- Develop reliable, cost effective, manufactural electronic products from initial studying of customer requirements through design verification activities.
- Perform circuit analysis, simulations and concept/feasibility design activities.
- Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies.
- Create detailed block diagrams and circuit schematics.
- Lead and/or support printed circuit board layout activities and prototype builds and test activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical design specifications, design documentation and verification test plans and reports.
- Practice good engineering design process; version control, lead design reviews, documented design history, complete projects within budgetary and scheduling goals.
- Work and communicate with leaders, engineers and project managers to ensure project completion.
- Support project planning and project proposal efforts, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Provide guidance and oversight to multiple development teams working on different products or technologies to ensure that the technologies interoperate or connect to each other appropriately.
- Ability to present verbally in one-on-one or group settings, and provide leadership and guidance staff.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in new product development; includes experience with the product development process ranging from requirements development, prototyping, verification and product release.
- Experience in medical device design and/or other regulated industries.
- Must have experience working with microprocessor based platforms, analog and digital circuits. Including experience with sensitive analog circuit design and analog design tools such as SPICE.
- Experience with RF systems and components preferred (WiFi, BTLE, etc.).
- Knowledge of signal integrity concepts and simulation tools.
- Experience writing firmware for initial board testing.
- Experience designing power electronics: motor control, motor drive, DC-DC power supply.
- Experience with IEC 60601-1.
- Experience with ISO 14971 Risk Management for Medical Devices.
Devicix offers its employees: A generous salary with bonus opportunities and full benefits package including a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision plan and tuition reimbursement. Devicix has a positive collaborative work culture that supports employees as they take on new challenges and grow their skills to be successful in their careers.
In addition, Devicix offers a wide range of career growth flexibility; experience working in teams with multiple engineering disciplines, a fun, fast-paced environment, and the ability to be part of designing medical products that help people's lives!
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=970961
Equal Opportunity Employer & Substance Free Workplace
Devicix is a medical product realization engineering firm. We are the engineering and product development services unit for Nortech Systems, Inc. Devicix brings value to medical device OEMs by offering innovative design solutions and comprehensive product development services for Class I, II and III devices for a range of clinical applications. We enable our partners - through our extensive capabilities and expertise - to focus on bringing their new, exciting applications to market quickly and effectively.
Our staff consists of some of the best biomedical, electrical, software, mechanical and industrial design engineers the market has to offer. Together we see more than 100 projects a year across multiple industries within the medical field.
Over the past ten years, we've established a record of success across a variety of medical applications, including respiratory, cardiovascular, endoscopic and much more.
When you add up all the services and support we offer to medical OEMs, you see a company aligned with the stringent and unique requirements of our industry. We excel in supporting devices from concept to commercialization with the regulatory, quality systems, and strong design you need to be successful.
Eden Prairie, MN
Thu, 25 May 2017 13:30:15 PDT