.NET Software Engineer
In this role, you will be working in a small Agile/Scrum development team building technology that will deeply affect North America's supply chain. Focused on building out our scalable contexts of the future and enhancing our existing freight brokerage systems, you'll play a key part in helping Coyote achieve future growth and provide value to our internal and external customer bases.
Daily Tasks & Responsibilities
• Code, Succeed and Celebrate.
• Contribute to all aspects of a high performance application that is integrated into the success of Coyote's business strategy.
• Confirm project requirements by reviewing objectives with product owners and business analysts.
• Consult with engineering and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
• Develop accurate forecasting of work items
• Submit and conduct code reviews
• Perform pre-production code deployment
• Train other members of the staff in new techniques, patterns, and practices
• Conduct pre and post development testing of applications to ensure quality and compliance
Essential Skills, Characteristics, & Experience
• BS/MS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science and/or multiple years of development experience with C#, VB, and .Net.
• The ability to work in diverse front end development environment, ranging from WPF and Win Forms to HTML5 and jQuery.
• Familiarity with Visual Studio and TFS.
• Experience developing against relational databases with SQL.
• Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Valued Skills & Experience
• Exposure to SOA architecture and WCF Services is highly desired.
• Additional exposure to automated integration, behavior, and unit testing using MTM, MSTest, and Selenium is preferred.
• Experience with nServiceBus, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch and/or DevExpress controls is plus.
• Experience with DDD, CQRS, and development patterns and paradigms is a plus.
• Onsite training & ongoing career development
• Competitive base salary
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Great perks like onsite haircuts, massages, and intramural sports
• Significant advancement opportunities for outstanding performers
• Casual dress and company lunch
Coyote is an at-will employer.
Coyote is one of the best companies to work for in Chicago the Chicago Tribune has named us a Top Workplace for seven years running, and Built In Chicago ranked Coyote #9 on its list of Chicago's Top Digital Companies in 2016. From fundraising for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to sponsoring more than 100 intramural sports teams to offering unique workplace perks, our award-winning culture is entrepreneurial, vibrant, motivating, familial, fun..
Founded in 2006 to bring a better experience to the transportation industry, Coyote believes in doing the right thing every time for shippers, carriers, and each other. Coyote CEO Jeff Silver, along with the founding team that he recruited to join him, armed the business with the technology, industry experience, financial firepower, and No Excuses mentality that has made Coyote one of the leading companies in the industry.
Thu, 25 May 2017 08:35:53 PDT