Instructional Assistant Professor - Theatre and Film Studies
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-25-2017
Illinois State University, School of Theatre and Dance, seeks an Instructional Assistant Professor to teach a large (300 students) introductory theatre course that fulfills a requirement in the general education curriculum. This position will deliver the master lecture one day and then supervise and mentor 10 graduate students in theatre who will teach one breakout section (30 students) each week. This position will observe the graduate students and give them feedback on their teaching. The mentoring of graduate students is a significant aspect of this position.
This position is represented by the Non-Tenure Track Faculty Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Master's Degree in Theatre, English, or a related field
2. Teaching experience in acting and/or directing
3. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Terminal degree
2. Experience in mentoring graduate students or supervising student teachers
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.