Non-Tenure Track Faculty - Operations Management
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-25-2017
The Department of Management and Quantitative Methods is seeking to a hire a non-tenure track faculty member to instruct two courses in Operations Management. This course introduces the concepts and skills needed to design, manage and improve service and manufacturing operations. The course focuses on business processes and procedures to transform various inputs into finished goods and services and discuss issues related to the creation and delivery of those goods and services. Topics covered include the design of production processes, the layout and location of facilities, forecasting, scheduling, inventory control, materials planning, quality management and statistical process control. The course highlights the role of effective operations management to manufacturing and service processes to solve complex problems for successfully competing in a global marketplace.
1. Masters Degree in Operations Management, Quantitative Methods or related area by appointment start date.
2. Excellent communications and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to design and deliver high quality instructional programs.
4. Availability to meet with students outside of regularly scheduled class time (4 or more office hours per week).
5. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
6. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level, preferably in the field of business and corporate social responsibility or business ethics.
2. Several years of corporate experience.
3. Doctoral degree in Business Administration or related area.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.