Limited Term Researcher
University of Delaware
Job Title Limited Term Researcher
Job ID 104128
Location Newark, DE
Deadline: Open until filled
Under the limited direction of the Director of the Center for Educational Leadership, Teaching and Learning (CELTL), the Limited Term Researcher* will work with schools to provide quality professional development and in class coaching for teachers and administrators in mathematics teaching and learning. Through the offering of workshops, demonstration lessons, coaching and mentorship, the Limited Term Researcher will work to enhance PK-12 mathematics teachers' instructional knowledge and pedagogy and students' mathematics achievement in partnership schools. The Limited Term Researcher will support grant-funded initiatives and research projects in CEHD that are aimed at improving PK-12 mathematics education.
- Develop professional development programs aimed at enhancing the teachers' and administrators' knowledge and pedagogy for mathematics teaching
- Observe teachers in classroom to assess relevant skills, and recommends methods and appropriate strategies
- Coach/mentor teachers in activities that enhance students' knowledge and skills linked to the Common Core Mathematics Standards; work directly with teachers in developing appropriate lesson plans
- Work with CELTL's Associate Directors to secure external funding to improve mathematics teaching and learning in PK-12 schools
- Participate in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects to assist in accomplishment of established goals
- Assure fidelity of activities to evolving national and state initiatives
- Serve on state committees and initiatives
- Support teacher, curriculum specialists and curriculum directors in curriculum revision linked to the Common Core Mathematics Standards
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- A minimum of Master's degree in mathematics, education, or other related field and at least two years job-related experience
- K-12 classroom teaching experience
- Demonstrated competency in current research-based instructional strategies
- Effective organization and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Credibility with teachers, school/district staff administration, and DDOE personnel
- Ability to provide professional development and technical guidance in integrating new strategies and techniques into the classroom
- Ability to problem solve, implement, and evaluate solutions
- Program planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of educational stakeholders internal and external to the University
- Supervisory/leadership experience in curriculum development and/or assessment design
- Experience with classroom coaching preferred
*This position is contingent on available funding.
This position will be a non-exempt, temporary externally supported position in the Center for Educational Leadership, Teaching and Learning.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html