Assistant Director of Residential Life for Hall Supervision and Staffing - University Housing (A170
Assistant Director of Residential Life for Hall Supervision and Staffing
Residential Life/University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
We are now accepting applications for the Assistant Director of Residential Life for Hall Supervision and Staffing. This position directly supervises 2 full-time, mid-level Area Coordinators (Academic Professionals) and either the Champaign or Urbana residence halls areas of approximately 4000-4500 undergraduate students. The focus area will be either staff recruitment and selection or training and development programs and leadership for the Residential Life staff pre-employment academic course curriculum development. Serve as a member of the Residential Life Leadership Team of Assistant Directors.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with hall staff to manage significant incidents that occur in residence halls. Ensure that policies are followed, notification occurs, and follow-up measures are in place.
- Work with Area Coordinators to resolve significant personnel matters involving employees. Work closely with other Assistant Directors to insure that there is consistency and fairness in response.
- Provide leadership, support, and expertise to departmental work groups, committees, and teams.
- Oversee the administrative functions of hall staff that include but are not limited to hall openings and closings, budgeting, academic year resident room assignments and changes, break housing, temporary housing, and other administrative duties.
- Provide leadership for the Residential Life staff pre-employment academic course curriculum development.
- Lead hall staff in the implementation of a residential curriculum.
- Develop, review, and revise manuals and publications which support policies and procedures within the residence halls.
- Serve as a liaison with Housing Facilities department concerning major projects or significant facility related problems that impact areas of campus under Assistant Director's supervision.
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Director of Community Standards to address serious student judicial matters.
- Serve on an on-call rotation with other Assistant Directors to provide back-up to hall staff for emergency response.
- Administer University Housing contract actions as appropriate.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
A Master's degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Human Resource Education, or a closely related field.
8-10 years of full-time experience in Residential Life / Housing, experience supervising full time professionals, evidence of leadership in designing and implementing human resource programs, including employee recruitment, training, manuals, performance appraisals, program evaluation, and assessment. Conflict resolution and crisis response experience. Strong administrative and problem solving skills and the ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast paced environment.
Experience with the implementation of a residential curriculum.
Knowledge of student learning and student development theories, experience working successfully with diverse student and staff populations, proven success in facilitating and leading staff in the area of social justice education, and strategic planning and project management skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes and excellent benefit package. The is a full-time 12 month 100% percent appointment. Start date is as soon as possible.
For full consideration create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload pdf versions of a cover letter of application, a resume, and the names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by the closing date, June 22, 2017. Interviews may occur before the closing date; however, all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Please contact a Housing Human Resources Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. We encourage all applicants to learn more about the Department, Housing, the University of Illinois and the Urbana-Champaign community by visiting our candidate website: http://www.housing.illinois.edu/Staff/Employment/
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Housing
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director of Residential Life for Hall Supervision and Staffing - University Housing (A1700319)
Open Date: 05/25/2017
Close Date: 06/22/2017
Organization Name: Hsg-Res Life Admin