Communications Electronic Media Manager - Advancement, Communications and External Relations
The Communications Electronic Media Manager is charged with leading the development and execution of an integrated digital strategy program for Bronx Community College. This includes playing a key role in a working group assigned to collaborate with an outside vendor contracted to design and launch the College's new CMS-based website and undertake a College-wide rebranding initiative. The Manager will oversee the College's web and emerging media, which in addition to the website, includes online video/audio, podcasts, social media, augmented reality mobile and web applications, virtual tours, digital signage and message boards and other forms of digital communication. S/he will provide critical oversight of the content on the College website making sure that it adheres to current and emerging best practices. In addition, the person hired for this position should be able to write promotional materials, including press releases promoting College activities and accomplishments internally and externally. This position will report to the Assistant Vice President for Communications and Marketing, and will serve as an advisor to the executive team.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development of and manage a CMS-based, interactive website.
- Collaborate with IT and others as required to manage a student mobile application.
- Develop and execute a data driven video content strategy.
- Ensure that the College's website is maximizing search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and presenting content to drive traffic, build brand awareness and increase student enrollment and retention. This includes using Google and other analytics to monitor and regularly report on visitors to the site and measure the success of recruitment and other major marketing initiatives.
- Manage and write content for the College's different Social Media channels.
- Oversee social media strategy and ensure day-to-day activities are focused on reaching broader organizational goals while keeping track of metrics.
- Write and edit promotional materials for the College, including press releases, brochures and newsletters.
- Ensure that all content is integrated across on- and off-line platforms.
- Advise the Assistant Vice President for Marketing & Communication and other senior management on the possibilities and applications of web and emerging media.
- Establish and maintain web and emerging media development projects and digital programs.
- Collaborate with others to identify, conceptualize, and implement innovative solutions that expand the reach of students across current and emerging digital platforms.
- Strengthen the College's capacity to develop and utilize digital products to support the strategic plan.
- Partner with senior staff to develop and exploit new digital business solutions to create a competitive advantage for the College.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to compose and edit compelling promotional materials, including press releases
- Strong project management skills and experience managing significant project workload
- Strong oral communication skills and the ability to run meetings, provide salient marketing counsel to clients and provide project direction to colleagues
- Proficiency in developing and executing on innovative web, mobile and social media strategies to increase awareness and generate inquiries; illustrate understanding of analytics and how to use metrics to inform future campaign recommendations
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles, mobile enabled web technologies and applications
- Demonstrated experience managing social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, SnapChat, Pinterest, Tumblr)
- Extensive knowledge of SEM/SEO, creative direction, email, content marketing, social and mobile as well as knowledge of current and emerging trends and technologies
- Proven track record of revenue and/or user base growth, increasing traffic and engaging an audience through compelling content
- Excellent personal presence with strong ability to interact with C-level senior management.
- Previous management of staff a plus
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages electronic, online and multi-media communications, providing editorial, technical and production expertise.
- Consults with client staff to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications
- Plans communications messages, formats, and designs which meet clients' needs and have impact with the intended audience(s)
- Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects
- Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects
- Develops production policies and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards
- Supervises staff as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$61,394 - $106,700; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16774. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation. Please note: If you have applied to JOB ID# 15634, you must re-apply to the above JOB ID# to be considered.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin 6/5/17.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Communications Electronic Media Manager - Advancement, Communications and External Relations
Job ID: 16774
Full/Part Time: Full-Time