Administrative Coordinator - ASAP Projects
Bronx Community College is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to serve as Project Assistant in ASAP.
Additional duties include:
- Assists with defining project tasks and resource requirements, developing communication plans and monitoring and scheduling timelines.
- Works collaboratively with ASAP Planning committee, ASAP Staff and other ASAP stakeholders to ensure successful implementation and outcomes of the ASAP expansion.
- Assists with planning and implementation of ASAP summer programming and other special student activities.
- Assists the Provost and Assistant Dean with required reporting and collaboration with other college units.
- Generates data reports on a regular basis to ensure movement towards ASAP benchmarks and to determine additional needs.
- Maintains databases, records and lists about expansion activities.
- Provides administrative assistance/support to the Steering Committee and other ASAP committees as needed.
- Coordinates and attends committee meetings; maintains meeting minutes.
- Maintains critical calendar dates and ensures adherence to timelines.
- Conducts follow up to ensure tasks/assignments are completed.
- Provides administrative assistance to Office of Academic Affairs staff in critical areas.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience managing or working on large projects preferred
- Higher Education experience preferred
- Student/Customer Service experience preferred
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work with faculty, staff and students
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Attention to detail and effective organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$39,282 - $71,268; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16827. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
June 22, 2017 with review of resumes to begin June 7.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - ASAP Projects
Job ID: 16827
Full/Part Time: Full-Time