Degree Audit Coordinator (Multiple Positions)
The Office of the Registrar is the official source for all student academic records at Baruch College. It handles all registration services for students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs. The Degree Audit Coordinator will advise students of academic and administrative requirements for graduation and assist students in resolving problems that delay or impede graduation. This position requires independence to articulate and communicate effectively the curriculum rules relative to graduation. This position will report to the Associate Registrar.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Interpret and communicate information regarding academic requirements, equivalencies, degree audits, graduation, honors, etc.
- Advise students on degree requirements.
- Analyze and update students' graduation status in CUNYfirst.
- Make curricular adjustments (majors, minors, exceptions) in CUNYfirst as well as DegreeWorks.
- Analyze and update incomplete records in the CUNYfirst database system in preparation for graduation.
- Learn various complex degree requirements and maintain knowledge of curriculum.
- Update curricular adjustments from the various committees to students' records.
- Assist with diploma printing and preparation.
- Represent the Office of the Registrar at orientation and on various committees.
- Finalize physical student record for Records Retention.
- Perform front desk/phone duty as necessary.
Bachelor's Degree required and two (2) years of related experience working in enrollment management, a registrar's office, or advisement strongly preferred. Candidates must be able to review a large amount of detailed information with great accuracy. Will need to diffuse complaints from students regarding graduation status. This requires responsibility, judgment, and research skills. Should be capable of exercising sound judgmental skills when necessary to question inconsistencies. Previous experience working with degree auditing, PeopleSoft, and DegreeWorks preferred. An exceptional customer service orientation and attention to detail are essential. Must have the proficiency and working experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and other software typically used in an academic environment. Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, analytical, critical thinking, planning and problem solving skills are essential.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides operational support for registration operations.
- Provides advice on academic and administrative registration requirements
- Interprets and communicates academic, registration and enrollment policies and procedures
- Assists with registration and provides information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records-related areas
- Complies, generates, and updates various reports, catalogs, and inventories
- Maintains compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Collaborates with College and University offices to address inquires and concerns and resolve student registration and record problems
- May participate in activities related to course scheduling and maintaining course databases
- May monitor and revise the content of web pages and other communication materials
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$39,282 - $44,308; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
June 21, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Degree Audit Coordinator (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 16816
Full/Part Time: Full-Time