John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
Reporting to the Director of Theater and Support Services the Administrative Coordinator supports the general operation of the theater and other associated activities within the Department of Theater and Event Support Services (TESS), which includes the Gerald W. Lynch Theater ("GWLT"), these activities consist of the Anya and Andrew Shiva Gallery; President's Gallery; Audio Visual Services; Space Reservations; and Film, Television, and Commercial Services (FTC). The activities of the GWLT, Space Reservations, and FTC are revenue generating and have the potential to greatly impact academic departments across the College.
The Administrative Coordinator will organize office functions including but not limited to: communications, routing, copying and filing of all contracts and correspondences, deposits and payments, invoice processing and reconciliation, time sheet collection and routing, purchasing, and tracking of revenues and expenses for each activity.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Business or Public administration/accounting majors preferred.
- Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of MS Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administration, students and staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing the job posting on John Jay College website or in CUNYfirst, please select the "Apply Now" button. If you are viewing the job posting on any other website, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listing"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number 16851
- Click on the "Apply Now" and follow the instructions
Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
June 21, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: John Jay College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job ID: 16851
Full/Part Time: Full-Time