College Laboratory Technician - Biological Sciences
Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Department of Biological Sciences at Bronx Community College invites applications for a tenure-track College Laboratory Technician position to begin in August 2017.
Candidates should be able and willing to work cooperatively with others for the benefit of the department and college. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
Job duties include:
- Preparation of chemicals and reagents for laboratories.
- Working with preserved specimens.
- Setting up lecture and laboratory instructional materials requested by faculty teaching general biology, anatomy and physiology, microbiology, and medical laboratory technology courses.
- Organizing and maintaining the instructional laboratories and prep rooms.
- Maintaining laboratory supplies, including inventory and purchasing.
- Maintaining equipment and repairing or arranging for repair of lab equipment.
- Participating in departmental and course-specific meetings as well as supporting college initiatives.
- Obtaining a certificate of fitness from NYFD.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years experience.
Associate degree in laboratory technology, medical laboratory technology or science preferred. Must be available for evening and weekend work.
$40,627 - $60,561; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16855. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
June 22, 2017 with review of resumes to begin June 7.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: College Laboratory Technician - Biological Sciences
Job ID: 16855
Full/Part Time: Full-Time