General Description of Position: The College of Agriculture is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide daily administrative support to the Dean/Director of the College of Agriculture and K-State Research and Extension as well as the Associate Deans for Research and International Programs. The employee will also provide assistance on all unclassified employee searches administered through the Dean's office. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community which can be found at https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html The Successful Candidate will: The employee will provide daily administrative support to the Dean/Director of the College of Ag/KSRE and the Associate Deans for Research and International Programs.
- Cultivate and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the mission of the College of Agriculture/KSRE as it relates to the education, research and service goals of the University in order to provide a high level of support to College administrators.
- Gather information, compose and edit correspondence from a variety of sources.
- Manage highly confidential information preparing reports and correspondence.
- Manage executive level appointment calendars; verifying details for organizing and facilitating meetings, conferences and calls for Dean/Director and Associate Deans.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare travel reimbursements for Dean/Director and Associate Deans
- Assists in the administrative process of promotion and tenure of faculty, unclassified evaluations, and faculty contracts.
- Assist with College forms, securing position numbers and other necessary approvals
- Complete the position description and requisition in PageUp
- Create the job announcement, advertise the position and assist search committees throughout the recruitment process.
- Webpage content and brochures
- Arrange international visitor/scholar visits and itineraries
- Distribute information to K-State faculty
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or work equivalent 5 years of relevant work experience Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Experience creating high-level presentations Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff members and others Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality Demonstrated written and oral communication skills Ability to learn new software programs
- A working knowledge of Kansas State University’s infrastructure, policies, procedures, and systems (HRIS, eForms, CMS, PageUp, etc.) Exposure to a variety of areas in higher education administration Experience or a strong interest in human resources Experience with event planning Experience creating webpages and print communications Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other similar software