Gatorvision Engineering/Technical Operations Coordinator
Duties/responsibilities of this position include:
- Coordinates all technical and operations-related equipment deployment with the Gatorvision staff ensuring all athletic events where multimedia support is needed receive the coordination necessary to ensure production of content is possible for various distribution platforms.
- Works with Gatorvision and Technology Advancement Group (TAG) staff on maintenance issues within Gatorvision and the technical infrastructure that supports the production of multimedia content for various multimedia platforms. Both immediate issues and those which can be resolved over a period of time should be communicated and coordinated.
- Ensures technical infrastructure, Gatorvision equipment, control rooms, etc., are kept in optimal operating condition and that spaces and equipment are kept organized, cleaned and in presentation condition for visitors, donors, administrators, etc.
- Meets regularly with TAG and Gatorvision staff to ensure all technical-related issues and questions are answered and any challenges are met in a timely manner to facilitate the smooth and efficient resolution of issues.
- Coordinates with Gatorvision, TAG and media properties leadership on developing a training program/immersive experience for students in the UF College of Journalism & Communications on the technical aspects of the production of live sports programming.
- Coordinates the technical/operations set up for media properties/media services live productions related to UF commencement and convocation exercises and other live and produced programs led by the UF Divison of Media Properties.
- Coordinates with TAG leadership and colleagues in the department on various projects of importance to the technical infrastructure and well being of the Gatorvision unit and media properties/College of Journalism & Communications as a whole.
- Supervises the Event Systems Coordinator position, which assists with the set up and tear-down of various venue productions. Ensures that position is trained on all equipment and the proper coordination of equipment with production need.
$75,000 - $92,000 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and eight years of appropriate experience.
Must be able to work well in a collaborative environment and openly exchange ideas with staff, students and university departments.
Must have a full understanding of and experience with HD, including technical background and experience with cameras, switchers, graphic systems, routers and video servers; including shared storage solutions. Also includes experience with fiber transmission hardware. Examples include, but are not limited to:
NLE editing systems
Grass Valley Kayak and Ross Expression Switchers
Hitachi, Sony and Panasonic Field and Robotic Cameras
Ross Expression Graphics Systems
HD Routers and Patch Panels
Multi Channel HD Video Replay Systems (ZePlay, Dream Catcher, EVS)
RTS / Adam Intercom System
Telecast Fiber Optics Transmitters & Receivers
Dante Audio Routing
Facilis NLE Video Storage Systems
Requires significant self-direction skills and high-level problem solving resolution capabilities, high-level communication skills, and the ability to generalize in problem solving.
Ability to lift production/technical equipment of 50 pounds or more.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No