CWTS Training Coordinator
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse & Neglect
CWTS Training Coordinator (Administrative Assistant III)
Position #733973 - Requisition 09693
The Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse & Neglect has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) CWTS Training Coordinator (Administrative Assistant III) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This Training Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all training logistics - from materials preparation to the provision of customer services with Colorado Child Welfare Training System (CWTS) learners and facilitators - to ensure the successful delivery of professional development services. This role will also coordinating training delivery, including but not limited to: connecting with facilitator to determine logistical needs; scheduling dates; creating course templates; ordering snacks and supplies; setting up training rooms; ensuring quality and complete preparation of all training materials for both the facilitator and learners; copying, collating, and binding (desktop publishing); document management and editing; setting up and supporting facilitator and learner technological needs; monitoring registration; managing wait-lists; confirming learner completion in learning management system; supporting the training evaluation processes; as well as supporting learner needs related to training registration and confirmation.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Coordination of all training logistics for all CWTS.
- Maintenance of regional training calendars and ensuring no cross-site calendar conflict.
- Coordination of events and travel accommodations
- Formatting and editing course curriculum materials, PowerPoints, handouts, and training templates to ensure consistent and ongoing quality related to grammar, spelling, punctuation, bulleting, numbering, tabling, font style, size, logo and branding.
- Conducting frequent and ongoing review of CWTS Website to ensure accuracy, currency and quality; provide findings and feedback to website administrators, and confirming quality and accuracy.
- Maintaining and organizing paper and electronic files.
- Performing internet research, as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $40,608 - $45,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Three (3) years of general clerical experience.
Substitution: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10 panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background check.
- Experience with calendar management and scheduling using Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience with meeting coordination and planning.
- Experience with report compilation and writing.
- Experience writing, editing and proofing complex correspondence (such as letters, reports, memos, e-mails, proposals, note-taking/meeting minutes).
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software; Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, database management and other systems.
- Ability to successfully produce results autonomously per set deadlines
- Highly-skilled in multitasking and excellent in managing competing priorities.
- Basic technical knowledge is needed in order to assists with web conference support (ex. projectors, video conferencing etc.).
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Ashley Andersen at Ashely.Andersen@childrenscolorado.org
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20932 - SOM-PEDS Kempe-GenOps
Posting Date: May 25, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ashley Andersen
Posting Contact Email: Ashely.Andersen@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00733973