JOB NO.: 90831-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: BUS SVC/MDS
Categories: Facilities, Skilled Trades, Maintenance, Management/Supervisory
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90831-AS
Working Title: Driver Supervisor
Official Title: ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A037700-BUSINESS SERVICES/MDS
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor degree is preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Must maintain Risk Management driving authorization and hold a current CDL class B or have extensive knowledge in State and federal laws relating to a commercial driver's licenses.
2. Knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles.
3. Experience developing staffing plans, recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new employees
4. Experience evaluating staff and participating in performance reviews
5. Knowledge of project management and process improvement techniques
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
7. Demonstrated ability to develop, interpret, evaluate, and implement complex regulations, policies, and procedures for large-scale organizations
8. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in developing, applying and interpreting policies and procedures
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, customers and vendors
10. Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to facilitate large-group discussions and present to large audiences
11. Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis and feasibility study techniques
12. Occasional lifting up to 75 lbs.
13. Customer service experience
14. Knowledge with loading and unloading trucks
15. Knowledge of CDL laws and regulations and warehouse/driver safety practices and procedures
Under the general supervision of the MDS Administrative Program Specialist Supervisor, this working supervisor position manages, plans and supervises the redistribution of products to UW-Madison campus. The position includes supervision of the delivery of $1.5 million in products purchased and delivered throughout campus. The person holding this position also assists in managing a fleet of vehicles servicing around 350 UW-Madison buildings, as well as many state and municipal agencies in the greater Madison area. The value of the vehicles and equipment managed is over $500,000.
The person holding this position must be able to assist in managing the maintenance of the facility and equipment. The person holding this position will assist in developing and managing the maintenance schedules for trucks, and warehouse equipment. MDS is committed to the highest standard of customer relations principles for its customers, fellow staff members and students. The person holding this position must be able to resolve customer problems associated with delivery, scheduling, shipping and special needs. The person holding this position will serve as a role model by practicing exemplary behaviors when working with customers and fellow staff members.
Instructions to applicants:
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to perform the job duties. In these materials, be sure to include your supervisory/management experience, driving/safety licensing knowledge and credentials, and experience working in a warehouse setting.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 25 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 26 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time