Salary: $53,700 - $79,800
Title: Network Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Network Service Group
Date Posted: 03/27/2017
Position Information: The incumbent is responsible for providing network (wired and wireless) analysis, network planning, network hardware configuration and implementation, and network problem resolution.
Minimum Requirements: Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated problem-solving skills of moderate scope and complexity.
Basic understanding of various network hardware platforms, network related protocols and software including basic understanding of OSI layer 2 protocols and related technical standards critical to the operation of interconnected networks.
Demonstrated skills necessary to resolve issues using established parameters, escalating as necessary.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
Basic knowledge of professional communications and network concepts in completion of assignments and resolution of issues.
Ability to gather, organize and analyze data in the completion of a variety of functional assignments.
Experience working with network diagnostic and performance management tools and software.
Ability to monitor campus network systems (wired and wireless), performance and capacity. In addition to providing recommendations, troubleshooting, and maintenance for optimal system performance.
Demonstrated skills necessary to follow campus procedures and communication industry standards to plan, install, and troubleshoot both fiber optic and structured cable plants.
Knowledge and ability to effectively perform and document moves/adds/changes to network system infrastructure.
Demonstrated skills necessary to develop and maintain online documentation in support of campus data communication systems to include inventory tracking, spreadsheets, installation diagrams, processes and procedures.
Stay abreast of advances in communications technology including reading technical manuals, and product specifications.
Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to safety practices for data communication industry installation and maintenance activities.
Ability to evaluate products and determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems and make recommendations.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated knowledge of network management application tools CISOO Prime Infrastructure and OpManager.
Knowledge of IPAM, DNS, and DHCP.
Knowledge of AD, firewalls, intrusion protection, and protocol analysis.
Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI Model.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview