Director, Undergraduate Admissions
Requisition Number STA - 201000000492
Job Title Director, Undergraduate Admissions
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Director, Undergraduate Admissions.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees undergraduate admissions activities, programs and staff as it relates to the effectiveness of marketing, recruitment travel and follow-up activities, direct mail student search efforts and correspondence to prospective students and applicants.
- Works collaboratively with the key Enrollment Management departments to develop a coordinated strategic plan to recruit, retain, and graduate a diverse student body that is congruent with the university's vision, mission, state goals associated with Closing the Gaps, and other key initiatives.
- Supports efforts to enable effective financial planning based on enrollment goals and results.
- Represents the Vice President and the university on enrollment management related issues, as directed and works with university officials to assure effectiveness of enrollment management programs with regards to new admissions.
- Serves on various University, local, state, and national committees.
- Responsible for the continuous quality improvement of seamless services for students, including transfer students.
- Leads student support services and academic units to create partnerships that result in improved student success.
- Coordinates with the technology staff to develop and maintain a student information system and a customer relationship management system that encompasses the necessary infrastructure and data to support comprehensive enrollment management data analysis needs, effective and timely communication and student self-services.
- Ensures alignment with College Readiness and University Advancement in the evaluation, analysis, planning, and implementation of target market initiatives.
- Coordinates with the Deans and marketing communication staff to facilitate market analysis, planning, and implementation of target market initiatives.
- Coordinates with the campus community to promote diversity and support existing university programs designed to create a welcoming environment for everyone.
- Responsible for ensuring all hiring, training and scheduled evaluations are conducted of employee work performance.
- Ensures that monitoring systems are in place to track compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, and that all staff have the training that they need to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Adheres to and fosters high standards of ethical conduct, compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and appropriate financial oversight and controls.
- Observes safety, security, and confidentiality precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and seven years of closely related professional experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Extensive knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Ability to plan and conceptualize and make sound business decisions.
- Must exercise considerable independent and professional judgment in matters of significance.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently
Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
Master's Degree with specialization in Business Administration, Education, Technology or related field. Experience with an Enrollment Manager system (CRM) and the use of data to determine enrollment trends and needs of a department and the University. Professional related experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the research behind and use of core concepts and strategies associated with enrollment management.
- Functional knowledge of various enrollment management offices and departments, including Financial Aid, Registrar, Academic Advising, and Student Affairs.
- Knowledge of data analysis and analytical tools necessary to support strategic enrollment management.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, collaboration, and consensus building skills.
- Understanding and application of a student/learner centered approach to all enrollment matters.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve efficiencies and effectiveness in a higher education environment.
- Ability to integrate external and internal environmental factors into effective enrollment planning and service delivery.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday-Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; with occasional nights & weekends
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 05/25/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in related field and seven years of closely related professional experience?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)