Laboratory Assistant III (P/T), CPRN11715CHEMI
Order, store, handle, prepare and distribute chemicals and equipment according to instructor syllabi while maintaining a safe laboratory working environment.
Position Title: Laboratory Assistant III (P/T), CPRN11715CHEMI
Duties of Position:
- Prepare all chemicals and gather equipment required for daily laboratory experiments.
- Conduct biannual chemical and equipment inventory and maintain daily update on computer disk.
- Prepare annual order for all equipment and chemicals.
- Supervise and train student workers.
- Prepare reference computer file of all laboratory experiments.
- Review latest laboratory technology with vendors and peers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: One year experience in laboratory and techniques in educational labs including hazardous waste management. Proficient in written and spoken English.
EDUCATION: BS with Chemistry core courses.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Chemistry laboratory equipment.
On call, some evening and weekend work as needed. Handle organic chemicals and prepare chemicals for lab biohazardous experiments.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Biology & Health Sciences - HSBHS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt