Clinical Programmer Analyst III/UKHC
The position will be a member of the Business Intelligence Custom Development team and will be responsible for development of advanced clinical alerts, analytical solutions and other complex programming assignments. The role will support existing custom code in clinical applications and create or maintain documentation of such as needed. UK HealthCare is a comprehensive healthcare system consisting of the medical, nursing, health sciences, public health, dental and pharmacy patient care activities of the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY, and in several off-site locations. UK HealthCare is expanding through the construction of a new hospital and potential future acquisitions. All UK HealthCare employees commit to providing excellent service and promoting a positive image while adhering to UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations and Standards which include being: customer centered, service focused, quality driven, resource wise, and growth oriented.
Clinical Programmer Analyst III/UKHC
Clinical Programmer Analyst III
H3997:EVPHA Information Technology
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
All activities involve high levels of concentration and mental attention. Requires handling of light-weight objects up to 10 pounds, or some standing or walking.
Days- Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm - some evening, weekend and holiday hours required per business needs.
Ability to analyze highly complex issues, problems and situations; Advanced database programming skills (T-SQL); Object Oriented Programming Skills (C#); Familiar with scripting languages or medical logic modules (Arden); Communication / Collaboration Skills; Critical thinking skills; Knowledge of healthcare organizations / operations; Experience with advanced analytics techniques (data mining, linear programming, forecasting, statistics) preferred.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Informatics or other related field. Additionally, the candidate will have five or more years' experience developing, maintaining, supporting clinical applications/systems with two or more years of experience implementing and supporting complex Allscript MLMs.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Select the option which best describes your highest level of responsibility implementing and supporting clinical application systems.
- Team Member/Lead
- Healthcare Applications Vendor
- Healthcare IT Manager
- Healthcare IT Director or Higher
- * Describe the largest project you functioned as a clinical applications subject matter or MLM expert. Describe how your leadership on this project resulted in high impact in your organization as well as the critical success factors which enabled you to achieve these results. Please include specifics about your role, the charge and results achieved.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select which describes your work experience in healthcare.
- Team Member/Clinician
- Application Vendor
- Application Analyst
- Director or Higher
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have implementing and supporting clinical systems.
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter