Program Director II - Adult Based Education & English as a Second Language
Initial applications reviewed June 14, 2017
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus which supports three additional locations. Situated on the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 160 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the Front Range.
This Program Director II for Adult Basic Education & English as a Second Language oversees plans, develops, markets, schedules, directs and manages the Adult Basic Education Bridge programs including: GED, Assessment Prep, English as a Second Language (ESL), International English Language Program (IELP), and the College for Kids program. This includes the use of current and best practices to ensure the content and quality of each program remains at a high level and is consistent with the vision and mission of Aims Community College. The ideal candidate would have strengths in communication skills, both written and verbal, is self-motivated and a great team leader with creativity and problem solving skills.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
Leadership for ABE/ESL and IELP and College for Kids:
1. Supervise all personnel assigned, recommending selection, retention, promotion and discharge as appropriate.
2. Recruit, hire, train, and mentor Coordinators in each of the areas.
3. Maintain record of current teacher certifications, endorsements, and other pertinent skills.
4. Strive to build a professional, fair, and inclusive educational environment reflective of the communities we serve.
5. Promote equity and inclusiveness.
6. Provide input to the Pre-College Pathways strategic plan and establish key performance indices to meet the overall strategy of Aims Community College.
7. Establish a vision and mission for the ABE/ESL program in collaboration with stakeholders
Course and Curricular Management:
1. Maintain record of current teacher certifications, endorsements, and other pertinent skills.
2. Assign schedule for all classes.
3. Maintain all course descriptions in Banner.
4. Maintain records as required by Aims Community College.
5. Prepare departmental reports as required on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
6. Oversee the operations of learning sites/centers.
7. Work with appropriate Pre-College Pathways staff and Aims Community College departments to successfully transition ABE/ESL students to college level coursework and programs.
8. Provide academic services and/or appropriate referral for students.
9. Develop and manage the curricula and assessment pertaining to GED, and Assessment Prep as well as ESL/IELP
1. Effectively manage ABE/ESL and IELP/College for Kids Budgets.
2. Develop processes for effectively tracking budget expenditures and needs of staff.
3. Effectively manage grant budgets and obligations – including fiscal and programmatic reporting.
4. Work with the grants office to seek grant funding to support the work of ABE/ESL and IELP programs.
College for Kids
1. Develop and manage the summer College for Kids Program.
2. Hire summer instructors and staff.
3. Develop marketing material, processes and procedures for community sign up and attendance.
4. Manage budget processes related to College for Kids.
Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
Master’s Degree from an accredited institute of higher education, plus three (3) years’ of appropriate administrative experience, or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Program development and management experience
Experience in keeping and maintaining records
Secondary teaching degree and/or endorsement in Counseling, ELL, Special Education or five (5) years’ experience in adult basic education.
High level of fluency in Spanish including reading and writing.
Initial applications reviewed June 14, 2017
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.