Life Chiropractic College West is pleased to announce the launch of its President search
Click here to view position profile: https://summitsearchsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/LifeWest_President_profile.pdf
Location: Hayward, CA
Reporting to the Board of Regents, the President of Life Chiropractic College West is the chief executive and administrative officer of the institution. The President will lead the College in its primary mission of educating and training successful doctors who can serve humankind through vitalistic chiropractic. It is the responsibility of the President to embody and articulate the mission and values of Life West and to provide leadership that will enhance institutional excellence, stability, and growth. The President is responsible for overall academic, operational, and financial performance of the College. This includes planning, provisioning of resources, productivity measurement, alliance-building, enrollment and retention, accreditation and compliance, institutional advancement, planning and research, and ethics. The President is charged with creating a positive culture and climate for students, faculty and staff. Acting as the chief spokesperson, the President promotes Life West’s mission and philosophy and enhances its reputation and standing in the communities where it operates as well as in regional, national, and international healthcare arenas.
The candidate must possess:
- An earned doctorate.
- An understanding of and ability to endorse the Life West’s core values of both vitalism and traditional chiropractic philosophical constructs.
- Clear affinity for and ability to affirm the Mission & Vision of Life West.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a higher education setting and/or experience managing a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement a strategic plan, providing visionary and transformational leadership, which promotes collaboration and shared governance.
- Ability to create identifiable goals for engaging in fundraising activities within and beyond the chiropractic community.
- Demonstrated evidence of a collaborative and participatory leadership style.
- Significant experience with budgeting and strategic financial planning.
- An awareness and working knowledge of the various stakeholder groups who shape and influence the politics and practice of chiropractic; the president must be able to work with these various stakeholder groups on behalf of Life West in order to promote the institution and to fulfill its mission.
- Exceptional communication skills which enable the development of strong relationships internally and externally.
- A demonstrated and sustained commitment to the concepts of Lasting Purpose: To Give, To Do, To Love, To Serve.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Understanding of federal and state regulations as they apply to chiropractic education (especially as it pertains to delivering a program framed within a "classic values" model).
- Experience in the development of profitable and sustainable programs including continuing education programs.
- Experience in student recruitment initiatives and engagement with both recruits and current students in a manner that supports recruiting, retention and persistence.
- An understanding of the skill-sets necessary for new graduates to be successful in practice and the ability to apply this knowledge, in consultation with faculty, to shape the curriculum.
About the Institution
Life Chiropractic College West (Life West), which offers a Doctor of Chiropractic degree, is internationally recognized for leadership and innovation in chiropractic education. The curriculum at Life West features an integrated emphasis on chiropractic philosophy and technique which draws passionate students from around the world. Life West provides solid academic and clinical experience through its 12 and 14 quarter program options. The Life West learning community is known for its diversity, integrity and co-operative spirit.
Life West enrolls approximately 600 students who are trained in over 13 different chiropractic techniques, providing excellence in hands-on chiropractic education. Life West provides a well balanced approach to education, integrating the fundamental elements of practitioner success: science, technique, philosophy and business skills. In addition, students are encouraged to develop a high standard of ethics, so that they may better serve their patients, the public, and the profession. They are taught to communicate collaboratively with members of other health care professions as well as with members of the chiropractic profession. Life West inspires its students to become active in their respective communities and to work for the betterment of the human condition. After graduation, Life Chiropractic College West offers a postgraduate education program enabling Life West graduates and others to maintain and improve their professional skills.
Life West values:
- The philosophy of chiropractic and the understanding of vitalism, holism and innate intelligence
- Congruence in chiropractic and living a congruent chiropractic lifestyle
- Quality and commitment to excellence in all we do
- The seriousness of the subluxation and its effect on individual and global life expression
- The power and specificity of the chiropractic adjustment in restoring the integrity of the nervous system
- The environment and a commitment to a sustainable future
- A purpose driven life
- Our history and heritage
- Loving, serving and giving
- Integrity and ethics
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the WASC Senior College and
University Commission (WSCUC).
The Doctor of Chiropractic program of Life Chiropractic College West is
accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Council on Chiropractic
Education. In addition, Life Chiropractic College West is also accredited as
a solitary purpose Chiropractic institution by the Commission on
Accreditation of the Council on Chiropractic Education.
Mission & Vision
Life Chiropractic College West’s mission is to advance chiropractic through the Doctor of Chiropractic Program, postgraduate education, philosophical inquiry, research and scholarly activity in a climate of love and service with a vision to create a brighter future for humanity.
Life Chiropractic College West shares a history with Life University. In March 1981, the efforts of Dr. George Anderson, Dr. George Wentland, and Dr. Sid E. Williams, then president and founder of Life Chiropractic College (now Life University), were instrumental in forming what is today Life Chiropractic College West. Life University maintains a close relationship with Life Chiropractic College to this day.
Procedure for Candidacy
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately. Please apply by June 23, 2017 and be sure to include your resume and cover letter:
For nominations or further information:
Summit Search Solutions, Inc.
Life Chiropractic College West is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.