The Process Improvement Office (PIO) supports The New School’s strategic objective to improve overall administrative services and operations to be more efficient and user-focused. PIO serves all departments at The New School by providing business analysis, recommending new processes and systems, and implementing solutions to support staff, faculty, and student success. As a member of the PIO team, the Systems Analyst evaluates functional requirements and proposed solutions against our organization’s technical and business resources to ensure effective solution design, development, and implementation is delivered in support of The New School’s strategic goals.
- Lead technical design sessions and collaborate with developers and subject matter experts (SMEs) to establish the vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs; serve as primary liaison to both internal and external developers.
- Assess and evaluate project requirements and proposed solutions to effectively manage the selection, implementation resourcing, and delivery of new technologies and process flows.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications; Suggest alternative technologies or solutions to meet the client needs more efficiently and with greater reusability.
- Oversee process engineering, quality assurance, and testing of developed software and new process flows to ensure solution adequately meets all functional needs defined in scope of project; Develop and execute testing plans for all projects.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the university’s tools and systems, including the Ellucian Banner suite and Workday; Actively review new technologies in the higher education vertical to recommend and support adoption in response to user needs; Learn new systems and tools as needed.
- Build reports, extracts and dashboards to support business analysis, project proposal development, and measuring solution outcomes.
- Directly manage individual projects of appropriate scope and required skillset; Participate in all project meetings to review project deliverables and timelines.
- Serve on or lead relevant University committees and working groups as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of experience working with relational databases and demonstrated aptitude for data analysis or data management.
- Proven ability to understand complex business processes and how the organization, downstream systems, and users consume data. Possess the judgment and organizational savvy to assess the probability of success of various improvement proposals, clearly articulate risks and issues, and construct alternative solutions.
- Experience working with enterprise reporting tools such as Hyperion Brio, Sql Developer, Tableau and/or Cognos; and related concepts such as data visualization and business analytics. Solid knowledge of basic programming concepts and data structures.
- High level of enthusiasm and a commitment to a collaborative approach to idea development and implementation. Demonstrable evidence of creative-problem solving and the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Experience working with a Student Information System (SIS) in higher education. Familiarity with Ellucian Banner a plus.
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: http://careers.newschool.edu/postings/14347