Administrative Assistant - School of Nursing
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The School of Nursing is seeking an Administrative Assistant to perform organizational duties that support the office of the Executive Administrator. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing organizational support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, organized, and is sensitive to confidential matters. The key to success in this position is the steady completion of tasks. Extensive software skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of administration, faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Three years of administrative/office experience.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Manage workflow and ensure that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly
- As a productive team member, provide customer relations to our faculty and staff, as well as, meet and direct visitors coming to the campus
- Maintain confidentiality, uphold employee confidence, and protect operational integrity
- Comprehensive understanding on how to apply current technology and software to complete tasks and assignments efficiently.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Schedule, coordinate, maintain meetings/appointments, and take minutes or notes.
- Support the onboarding process for staff, student workers, and faculty members.
- Manage sensitive and confidential file systems in both digital and physical formats.
- Assist team members with projects related to budget, faculty affairs, facilities, grants, continuing education, marketing/social media, and alumni.
- Coordinate with university services such as catering, printing, mailroom, room reservations, audio and video technology, facility and equipment requests, etc.
- Support small and large school events that may include evening and weekend assignments.
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed.
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.