LEARNING TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
LEARNING TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Department: Information Technology
Under general supervision, provides support for campus learning technology services with focus on the learning management system. Supports and trains faculty/staff on the use of campus software and other technology tools. Coordinates and assists with the implementation of new learning technology projects with users and other IT team members.
1. Provide support for the delivery of learning technology services in an environment that is available 24/7 with low tolerance for downtime. Respond to, analyze, and resolve learning management systems problems and other learning technology problems.
2 . Coordinates learning technology projects as a part of a cross-functional team; assists or performs research and analysis for new or enhanced learning technology services.
3. Coordinates and manages the learning technology vendor relationships, focusing on the learning management system vendor relationship and companion tools. Escalates customer and system issues to the vendor as needed.
4. Develops online training and tutorials for faculty, staff and students. Develops FAQ's, knowledge base and other self-help documentation regarding technology services. Support and train faculty in the use of the learning management system. Support and train faculty/staff in the use of content development software.
5. Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for learning technology services. Develops and maintains outreach programs for faculty regarding learning technology services.
6. Attend training, seminars, and other meetings as needed.
7. Leverages common software tools (i.e ticketing and project management software) to follow request, incident, change management, project management and time tracking processes. Provide updates to associated tickets and projects to keep both customers and team members informed of current status or progress. Assist with team responsibility of queue management and ensure tickets are resolved accurately, timely and according to priority.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of computer hardware and software; knowledge of learning management systems (currently Blackboard 9.X); knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies; knowledge of multimedia software and applications; knowledge of delivering learning technologies on mobile platforms.
Knowledge of ADA guidelines and WCAG 2.0 standards.
Ability to communicate effectively when working with users or customers; skilled in interpersonal relations and project management; strong communication skills required; candidates must be self-motivated, work well either independently or as part of a team and capable of balancing multiple projects.
Ability to research new technology items and to learn new technologies; ability to factor in a broad range of variables from a number of specialized technology areas to develop an appropriate technology solution.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-availability environment and adapt to change in procedures and priorities; ability to be proactive, take initiative, remain flexible, and meet deadlines.
Skilled in technical writing and documentation; skilled in expressing technical terminology in a manner that makes it understandable to end users with a variety of technical and nontechnical backgrounds.
Familiar with information security best practices and implementation of security procedures.
Knowledge of applicable University rules, regulation, policies, and procedures.
Bachelor's degree required. Additional experience in the support of learning management system and other learning technologies may substitute for the Bachelor's degree on a year for year basis. Additional consideration may be given to candidates with specific technical certifications related to systems applicable to Angelo State University.