Senior Assistant Director of Communication and Marketing - University Housing (A1700314)
Senior Assistant Director for Communication & Marketing University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for a Senior Assistant Director for Communication & Marketing position in University Housing at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Senior Assistant Director of Communication and Marketing (SADCM) is responsible for directing and implementing overall communications and marketing strategies as well as promotional activities for University Housing's varied audiences. The Senior Assistant Director of Communication & Marketing serves as an advisor to the Director of University Housing and is a member of the Housing Executive Team. The Senior Assistant Director of Communication and Marketing provides public relations support in all aspects of the University Housing operations.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward this vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, and advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all of our students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the communications and marketing responsibilities for University Housing. Works with staff members to help University Housing units achieve the communication goals set in their action plans and the University Housing strategic plan.
- Serves as an advisor on the University Housing Executive Team, and contributes to strategic planning and priority project management for University Housing.
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills. Writes, directs, develops, edits, reviews, prioritizes, and publishes a broad-based series of departmental communications to include print materials, multi-media, social media, and web pages for various audiences, including parents, prospective students, residents, and University staff. Oversees and directs copywriting, editing, design, layout, and production of all print and video promotional materials, social media, and the University Housing website.
- Establishes marketing goals and develops and executes marketing action plans to achieve marketing objectives for both short- and long-range strategic and occupancy goals.
- Provides professional direction to staff members, offers training and development opportunities, and conducts annual performance evaluations and on-going supervision of the Senior Communications Coordinator, Media/Communications Specialists, Videographer, Office Manager, and student designers and videographers.
- Conducts marketing research to determine the demand for services, monitors trends, and identifies the potential need for new services offered by University Housing. Ensures the timely adjustment of marketing strategies and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions (i.e. focus groups, surveys).
- Establishes and maintains departmental graphic and identity standards, in conjunction with University Public Affairs.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships across divisions at the University of Illinois.
- Coordinates and manages communication and marketing budget.
- Works directly with the Associate Director of Housing for Housing Information and Marketing and the University Housing Director to serve as primary media spokesperson for University Housing, and initiates public relations responses. Insures appropriate and necessary communication is maintained during crisis situations.
- Assists the Director of University Housing in researching and drafting speeches, arranging interviews, and maintaining other forms of public contact.
- Assists in various special projects as assigned by the Director of University Housing or the Associate Director of Housing for Housing Information and Marketing.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, Journalism, communications, or related field. Seven (7) years professional experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or related position. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated experience in working with print media, multi-media, web development and knowledge of pertinent computer systems. Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively lead teams to achieve planned goals. Demonstrated interpersonal skills working with a diverse group of people. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Experience in building a professional brand/image for a company or department.
Master's degree in marketing, advertising, Journalism, communications, or related field. Professional experience supervising professional staff. Strong marketing research skills. Experience managing communication in a critical or crisis situation. Experience creating and managing financial budgets. Experience in a college or university marketing communications environment.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by June 21 2017. Please contact a member of the Housing Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Housing
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Senior Assistant Director of Communication and Marketing - University Housing (A1700314)
Open Date: 05/24/2017
Close Date: 06/21/2017
Organization Name: Housing Division