Visiting Instructor/Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Science &Information Systems
The AACSB accredited School of Business at Stockton University invites applications for a one-year full-time non-tenure track visiting instructor, assistant, or associate professor of computer science and information systems beginning September 1, 2017. The position involves teaching a variety of undergraduate courses, with preference to those who desire to teach computer networking, database management system, data mining, business intelligence, programming, human computer interface, system analysis & design, e-commerce, information assurance and security, or other information systems courses. Applicants with teaching and research interests in any area of computer science or information systems will be considered.
An earned doctorate in information systems, computer science, or a closely related discipline is required for candidates at the Visiting Assistant or Associate Professor level (candidates nearing completion of the Ph.D. will be considered at the instructor rank until the degree is completed). At least a Master’s degree in information systems, computer science, or a related discipline is required for candidates at the Visiting Instructor level. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to teaching excellence.
Stockton University is an innovative liberal arts, natural sciences, and professional studies university and is currently ranked among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. The University is located on 1600 acres within the Pinelands National Reserve in southern coastal New Jersey. The campus is about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. Stockton University is known for distinctive academic programs and an interdisciplinary approach to learning and scholarship.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest detailing the candidate’s specific skills and interests related to the position
- A curriculum vita
- Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
- One paper that represents your research capabilities (if available)
- Three letters of recommendation
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.