Assistant Director of Counseling Services
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Assistant Director of Counseling Services
Stockton University, an academically competitive Liberal Arts University in Galloway, New Jersey, is seeking an experienced behavioral health professional to provide individual counseling, alcohol and drug assessment, intervention and treatment, emotional and academic support to our students. Responsibilities will include: assessment, counseling, co-occurring counseling, conflict resolution, crisis counseling, group counseling, workshops and training activities with various student constituents, cooperative activities and programs with other Student Life staff, informed off campus referral and emergency support. Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
The Assistant Director is a twelve month position that requires a thirty five hour work week, maintains a flexible schedule to include one to two nights per week and occasional University weekend events/programming and is an essential employee. The employee will respond to the needs of other University instructional sites.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
- Current license in Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or Clinical Psychology or related fields.
- Two to five years experience in a clinical setting.
- Experience with crisis/risk management assessment.
- Experience in working with gender issues.
- Experience in working with sexual assault/trauma recovery.
- Experience in treating eating disorders.
- Experience in measuring prevention and intervention-related goals and outcomes.
- Experience assessing and treating substance abuse problems and/or co-occurring disorders, Recovery Housing.
- Experience in developing and presenting programs and workshops.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Current licensure or certification in co-occurring disorders (CADC/LCADC or like credentials).
- A strong preference will be given to those with university/college counseling center experience, and co-occurring disorders and treatment.
The salary is U22, $54,079.26 - $62,192.99 and is accompanied by an extremely competitive university benefits package.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of 3 references (included in the application): Name, Company, Email address and Phone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.