Resident Hall Director
Wells College seeks qualified applicants for the position of Resident Hall Director. Reporting to the Associate Director of Campus Life for Residence Life, this individual has primary responsibility for the Resident Assistants and a comprehensive residential program which supports the values, goals, and direction of Wells College.
The role of Residence Life at a small, residential, liberal arts College is to complement the academic goals of the institution as well as the academic goals of individual students. Wells College maintains the agility to offer individualized attention and care for our students, which is accomplished in part through living-learning communities that focus on holistically supporting autonomy, competence, and relatedness.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Resident Assistant Program:
- Directly supervise two Head Resident Assistants and 18 Resident Assistants
- Recruitment, hiring, and training of Resident Assistants and Head Resident Assistants
Community Development & Support:
- Develop a meaningful, measureable residential learning program
- Coordinate with Buildings & Grounds for repairs or damages to individual rooms or common areas
- Partner with the Associate Director of Campus Life for Student Activities to develop and implement a comprehensive Volunteer Services program, which will work closely with service-related clubs/organizations, and coordinate and Alternative Spring Break trip
- Coordinate RA staffing and duty schedule
- Act as a conduct hearing officer and participate in administrative conduct meetings
- On-going policy review and revision in collaboration with Campus Life Staff, the Dean of Students, and Campus Safety & Security
- Presence at designated “high risk” campus events, including some dances, and senior week
- Participate in a professional staff on-call rotation, acting as a responder when necessary
- Partake in training and act as a Title IX Investigator as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. Previous experience in Residence Life or Student Affairs is preferred. Master’s in a related field preferred.
- This position has an 11 month work commitment, requiring the staff member to live in the provided furnished on-campus apartment. A meal plan is provided for the employee during the academic year when classes are in session.
Applying: Qualified candidates can send a letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references should be submitted online at the Wells College employment page- www.wells.edu. Additional materials may be requested during the selection process. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled; review of applications will begin immediately. Position start date is July 1, 2017. No phone calls please.
The College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of (but not limited to) race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, sex, age, varying physical or mental abilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or political beliefs. The College is also committed to compliance with all applicable laws regarding nondiscrimination.