Manager, Academic Budget and Research
COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF PHILADELPHIA
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Academic Budget and Research position. The Manager, Academic Budget and Research is responsible for reviewing and monitoring all budgets within the Academic & Student Success division, including grant budgets, expenditures and variances on a continuous basis to maintain compliance with approved budgets and makes recommendations for adjustments as necessary. The Manager is also responsible for all tasks related to the annual budget preparation for the division. The Manager provides research data and analytical reports on matters related to division management and in support of division-wide strategic initiatives and decision making. Additional responsibilities include the oversight of the academic schedule, catalog, instructional payments, attendance reporting, student and faculty evaluations, and audit requirements and systems for the non-credit area, while providing oversight and supervision to direct reports.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience within finance, statistics or a closely related field required.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and research information for problem solving required.
• Demonstrated analytical ability, including the ability to identify, understand, analyze and design unique and innovation solutions to complex challenges required.
• Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications to compile statistical data and create reports required.
• Experience with an enterprise-wide system required.
• Ability to analyze data, develop reports, and use data for decision-making required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making assessments for decisions required.
• Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and strong time management skills required.
• Ability to work with confidential information and materials required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Relevant work experience in higher education preferred.
• Banner preferred.
• Fluency in statistics preferred.