Building Automation Technician I
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-25-2017
Perform routine technical duties in troubleshooting, repairing and installing building automation systems.
1. Any one or combination of the following types of preparation:
(a) Two (2) years of college/vocational/technical training in electronics that included course work in drafting, blueprint reading, basic computer programming and algebra or other higher level math (verify with transcript);
(b) Two (2) years of work experience specifically involving maintenance of a building automation system.
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO UNDERTAKE JOB
1. Skill in higher level math functions; i.e., algebra, geometry, trigonometry.
2. Ability to read blueprints or schematics.
3. Working knowledge of computer programming.
4. In-depth knowledge of electronics principles.
5. Record keeping skills.
6. Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and in writing.
7. Communications required in person, by telephone and over campus radio system.
8. Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions and written materials.
1. High School education.
2. Trade School, University or factory training.
3. Ability to work with a wide variety of University personnel.
4. Ability to organize and plan.
5. Ability to resolve problems and follow-up with outcome. 6. One (1)year of experience working on Siemens Apogee or Johnson Controls Metasys or Andover Continuum building automation system including installation of new equipment
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.